Chapter Seventeen

The day they were to leave for Hogwarts was chaotic but also entertaining. Everyone in the Burrow was frantic, collecting things they just found missing, Mrs. Weasley kept picking up sock and quills, while Mr. Weasley discreetly enchanted the Ford Anglia and told the children (who were dragging their trunks to the car) "Not a word to Molly". After breakfast and getting dressed, Carina, Roman, Harry, and the Weasley brothers sat comfortably at the back of the car, waving at Mrs. Weasley when she got in to see.

"I see Muggles do know what they're doing." She commented, pleased that the car has accommodated them all. She sat down at the front with Ginny, and Mr. Weasley drove out of Ottery St. Catchpole, but it was just before they got to the highway when Ginny said that she has forgotten her diary that they had to turn back around to get it. And when they finally got to the King's Cross, they were running late.

Running through the crowds, Mrs. Weasley had each and every one of them passes through the gate. She called out Percy first, followed by the twins, then Mr. Weasley, Mrs. Weasley, herself, and Ginny, following the mother and daughter were Roman and Carina, who got through the gate side by side and were immediately greeted by the sight of Tom and Charity, and Alric Alston.

"Come along, children, you might miss the train!" Alric grabbed Roman's trunk and Carina's and got it on board. The mas said a quick goodbye to his son and let him hop on.

"Maisie's already inside. Now, hop you go!" Tom told Carina, he made a quick mess of her hair just before she got on. Just in time, the train whistled and Carina watched from the closed-door window as they moved, Tom and Charity waved at their way, saying goodbye.

"I thought we wouldn't make it." Roman sighed in relief.

"Now that would be chaotic." Carina agreed.

They both walked through the compartments, looking for an empty one, or at least one that has space. But it seems that almost every compartment they checked was full of new first years. "Is it just me or do we have more first years?" Carina wondered out loud. They did find a compartment, however, there was already someone's things in it, and from the looks of it, it was just one person.

"I think this one wouldn't mind." Roman said, opening the compartment door.

"What if that person prefers to be alone?" Carina asked.

"We'll try to talk it out." Roman shrugged. "Or do you prefer to stand the whole ride to Hogwarts."

Carina followed Roman inside and closed the door behind her. She tried to find something that could give them an idea who was occupying the compartment but she was a book on the seat, and then a trunk at the shelf with the name TAN written.

"Whose Tan?" Carina asked.

Roman shrugged. "Probably a first-year or someone older than us."

"Well, I hope Tan won't mind sharing..."

"I don't know about Tan, but I'm sure that I do mind about sharing." Theodore appeared at the door of the compartment with his newly purchased snacks from the Trolley Lady. Carina's brows rose when she saw Theodore, it was odd seeing him wearing clothes that are not the Hogwarts Uniform or the usual wizard robes, and was simply wearing a white button shirt, black pants, and what seems to be a blazer.

"Oh and by the way, it's not Tan, it's T – A – N –" Theodore had his wand out and wrote in the air the letters, and then slowly his name. "Theodore A. Nott. You bumbling idiots." And with a wave of a wand, he erased the letters and then sat down.