Chapter Twenty-Two

Morgan felt bad for adding to Harry's torment. He was sure that it was him who gave the idea to everyone that Harry was the Heir of Salazar Slytherin, but he didn't mean it, it the spur of the moment! Flashes of his dreams came to him when he heard Harry speak Parsletongue, and it scared him, especially when understood what Harry was telling the snake, "leave him alone". Maybe he should've said thank you to Harry instead of saying, "Slytherin", but at that time, all he could see was the large statue of Salazar Slytherin in a dark and wet place, and a ghost of a boy, much older than them, whispering in the same language.

He did try to talk to Harry and apologize, and explain why he did so, but when he did, Harry was found with a petrified Nearly-Headless Nick and Justin Finch-Fletchey, and was taken by McGonagall to see the Headmaster. After that, Morgan never found Harry in the castle, no matter how hard he looked. And when he did, he would often find the Potter boy sneaking in the girl's bathroom with his friends. The same bathroom that Morgan would see in his dreams. And eventually, his opportunities to talk to Harry was gone when the Holidays came, and Morgan and Cedric were to go home to spend it with their family.

"Are you alright, Morgan?" Cedric asked, worried as his brother has been staring in the blank space.

"Yes, I am." Morgan shook his head to rid of the face of Salazar Slytherin.

"I overheard what happened during Dueling Club, you don't have to be frightened – you'll be fine."

Morgan scoffed. "Tell that to Snape, the man was sure I'd have sent Roman to the Hospital Wing in a matchbox."

Cedric sighed. It was Morgan's cynicism that annoyed him, especially when his brother belittled himself. Cedric knew that Morgan was not good in Defense Against the Dark Arts and any spell that involved that area, but what he lacked in such he made up with his vast knowledge in Herbology, Astrology, History, and even Potions. His brother just needed to see it as well. He always thought that it was the environment Morgan was in – people bullied him for being who he was, calling him a name, such as "Morgana Diggorina" for his uncontrollable transformations, and their father rarely acknowledged him, especially when Morgan started talking about the nightmares he's been having for the past months.

"Well, Snape doesn't see your talent – not everyone is good at dueling." Cedric told him.

"You are." Morgan muttered.

"We're two different people, Morgan – and why would you sign up for that club anyway?"

"Because something told me to."

"Who? Is it Finch-Fletchey? If he's making you do things you're not fond of then he's not a good friend –"

"He's not – and he's not the one who told me to sign up for the club... it was something else, there was this force telling me to... I don't know what it was – it was like, my gut told me to sign up... because something bad was going to happen."

"If you knew that something bad was going to happen, then why did you sign up, then?" Cedric raised his voice, slightly angry that his brother was running towards danger than away from it. "Morgan, I can't protect always protect you."

"And I'm not asking you to!" Morgan hid his hands in his pockets. The sleigh stopped at Hogsmeade Station, and the two brothers got up to dismount. "And you don't have to remind me!"

"Well, I think you do – listen, I don't want you going into danger when we get back here, alright? The moment you sense something's wrong, tell me, and then I'll tell the Professors. Do you understand?" Cedric grabbed his brother by the arm.

"I do... but don't expect me to stand there and cry for help when I see a chance to help."

"Help in what?"