Chapter Eighty-Six

They apparated in the dark alleys of Knockturn Alley. Carina was the first to walk out of the shadows to see the terrine, she was then spotted by a wizard in black robes and was greeted by him.

"Madam Lestrange."

Carina threw the wizard a glare and turned back to the group where she regrouped with Harry and the others.

"You're quite good with that, being Bellatrix Lestrange," Ron said.

"Don't," Carina sneered at him.

"Good no one suspected us," Harry said. "Let's go."

Harry got Griphook on his back and Ron had the cloak over them.

They walked into Gringotts with slight fear. Carina had a hard time with the heels that Fleur had given her and was stumbling a bit in them, but as she walked, she tried to look intimidating, to be Bellatrix Lestrange. Once they were at the head table of the vault.

"I am here for my vault..." Carina mustered up to say in her best imitation of Bellatrix's voice. "Goblin."

"Identification?"

There was a nervous pause between them. Ron and Hermione turned to each other with a nervous glance.

"I don't think that would be necessary," Carina said.

The Goblin finally lifted his eyes from his book and slightly gasped.

"Madam Lestrange..." the Goblin said, he seemed suspicious at their lot. Before the Goblin could say anything, he left his table and went to the other room.

"What's taking so long?" Carina snapped, just a how Bellatrix would.

A moment later a Goblin came to them.

"Madam Lestrange, would you mind presenting your wand?"

"And why should I do that, Goblin?" Carina sneered.

"It's the bank's policy, I'm sure you understand."

"No! I don't understand! Why can't I enter my vault?!"

"I'm afraid I must insist..."

Carina, with trembling hands, got out the wand and was to hand it over to the Goblin –

"Imperio."

"Very well, Madam Lestrange... would you follow me..."

~*~

They all rode the cart that would lead them to vault Carina held onto her seat as when they would go to stomach turning turns and slopes. As they passed a tunnel, the cart suddenly let out a screech.

"What was that?" Harry asked. "Griphook!"

Griphook had pulled the break of the cart, but it did not stop and had passed the waterfall, drenching them all, it did stop, however, after the falls and popped out a lamp that suddenly let out an alarm, and their seats fell.

"Aresto Momentum!"

They all levitated a few inches above the ground, then fell after a few good seconds. Carina groaned in pain as she got up.

"Good job, Hermione," Carina said.

"Carina, you're you again," Hermione said.

Carina took a handful of her hair and saw her dark brown locks and not the frizzy, black of Bellatrix.

"A thief's downfall... it washes off all enchantments," Griphook said.

"You don't say," Ron said. "Just out of interest, is there anyway out?"