Chapter Fifty-Six

Carina made sure to wake before Hermione and the others would. She tried her best to hide the scar on her hand, simply Glamor Charms or Camouflage Spells but the magic used on the quill was Dark Magic and nothing can hide it, so she settled in hiding it under her sleeve, and maybe make a quick trip to the Hospital Wing for some bandages – the ones that have some cooling-mint on them. After getting dressed and ready for the day, she found Harry in the common room with a letter in hand.

"Morning, how'd you sleep?" Harry asked.

"Terrible, I kept seeing that woman," Carina mumbled.

"Oh."

Carina then noticed the letter that Harry was holding. She sighed and turned to Harry, begging.

"Harry, he can't know – my father can't know," She said in a hushed tone. "He'll riot the moment he finds out – and not even Vivian can stop him."

"Don't worry, I didn't – but I did give a hint on how terrible she is."

"Harry, it's not safe."

"I made sure to make it as innocent as possible – no one would suspect a thing if the letter would be intercepted. It's not even addressed to him," Harry showed the letter.

Carina turned to Harry with a deadpan look, "Yes, because Snuffles is a common name for humans."

Harry chuckled, but then he saw Carina's scar. Carina saw Harry's sudden change in mood and noticed him staring at her hand, she removed her hand over her chest and tried to pull her sleeve down even further.

"I guess I wouldn't be using my left hand for a while, huh. The beauty of having two dominant hands," Carina chuckled, trying to lighten the mood. But it didn't.

"This won't happen again," Harry said.

"Harry, we still have detention with her," Carina sighed.

"It won't," Harry said with force. "I won't let it happen again."

"Aww, how sweet of you," Carina teasingly pinched Harry's cheek. "But we still have detention with her until Friday."

Harry pushed her hands away from his face, lightly laughing. But he meant every word he said, he won't let that happen to Carina again. She was like the sister he never had – she was Sirius' daughter, and he would do everything to protect his godfather's greatest treasure – as Sirius had told him.

"So, how are you going to tell Roman that?" Harry asked.

"I don't think I can even control Roman when he finds out about it," Carina sighed. "The last thing I need is for him to land his arse in detention. Or worse. Azkaban."

Carina and Harry first went to the Owlery to send the letter, and then to the Great Hall for breakfast. They were joined by Ron and Hermione on the way there, but Carina separated herself from them when she saw Roman and Theodore at their usual place at the Slytherin table and went to join them.

"Morning," Roman yawned.

"Morning," Carina greeted them.

"Morning," Theodore said.

"Shouldn't you be with Morgan?" Carina asked him.

"He and his brother aren't here yet," Roman said. "So, how's detention?"

"Oh," She discreetly held the sleeve of her left hand. "Boring, she made us do lines, no big deal."

"What'd she have you write?" Theodore asked, eyeing Carina as she fiddled with the sleeve of her uniform.