Chapter Eleven

Even though their term involved with trolls, three-headed dogs, dragons, Philosopher's Stones, midnight strolls at the Forest, and resurrected Dark Wizards, it was important not to forget that Hogwarts was still a school. Though magical, it was still a place of learning; meaning, homework was still inevitable, and as well as the most dreaded part of every school term. Final exams. Mountains of books cluttered the beds of many students of all Houses and Years. In the Gryffindor girl's dormitory, Carina and Hermione made a little study session for themselves, where they shared one bed, shared books, and quizzed each other for each lecture. It was one of the few girl-moments they shared – studying – and it enjoyed them to see that each have different kinds of ways to study: Hermione and her muttering, and Carina with her pacing and jumping around while remembering information, and sometimes hanging upside down.

The day of the exams came, and many of the students came out of their classes with dreadful looks. But for Hermione, who seems to be enjoying tests after tests, and would probably be the top student of their year. Not that they doubted her intelligence. And finally, after days and days of torture – as Roman put it – they have finished their last exam, which was Potions.

"I'd heard Hogwart's final exams were frightful, but I found them enjoyable." Hermione smiled.

Roman appeared at Hermione's side, his auburn hair disarranged from the constant hair-pulling while at the exam.

"Why don't you join Theodore and gloat, Hermione – I swear, he doesn't seem to look a bit tired from the exams." Roman said.

"Honestly,, I want to bury my head into the dirt, my head is killing me." Carina muttered.

"All right there, Harry?" Ron turned to Harry.

"My scar, it keeps burning." Harry told them.

"It happened before, right?" Carina asked him.

"Not like this."

"You should see the nurse." Hermione offered.

"I think it's a warning. It means danger's coming." They came to the path leading Hagrid's to see if the half-giant was alright after having to say goodbye to Norbert. They found him sitting on his front porch, playing his loot. Harry came to a stop. "No, way..."

"What, what is it?" Carina asked.

"Isn't it odd that what Hagrid wants more than anything is a dragon." Harry marched towards the hut. "And a stranger just happens to have one? How many people wander around with dragon eggs?"

"You'd be surprised when you look into the black market, Harry." Roman commented.

Ron turned to him with a bewildered look. "Where do you get these ideas anyway?!"

"How did I not see this before?!" Harry groaned. They ran up to Hagrid. "Hagrid, who gave you the egg? What did he look like?"

"I never saw his face. he kept his hood up." Hagrid told them.

"You and this stranger must have talked."

"He wanted to know what sort of creatures I looked after." Hagrid shrugged. "I told him, "After Fluffy, a dragon's gonna be no problem"."

"Was he interested in Fluffy?"

"Of course he was interested in Fluffy, how often do you come across a three-headed dog? He wondered how I even trained him! But I told him, "the trick with any beast is to know how to calm him!" take Fluffy for example. Play him music and he falls straight to sleep – I shouldn't 'ave told you tha'."