Chapter Twenty-Four

It was about time for Theodore to execute his plan. He knew the risk of giving Carina the page he found in Roman's hand, but he had no choice since the girl won't stop until they solved the mystery of the Chamber, the only thing he could do was to send them help but calling the only person he could count on in these dangerous situations. Snape.

After folding the letter into a paper crane, Theodore blew his breath to it, along with a spell, and had the origami flutter from the Slytherin common room to Snape. He didn't stay long to watch it go to the Potion Master's possession as he knew it will do so since it was him who made cast the spell, so he returned to his dorm and went to bed, joining him there was Lynx who he has taken a liking to as the cat made its bed by his feet. By tomorrow he would hear the news of Carina and the others and their return from the Chamber of Secrets, and of Roman cured. Just as he has planned.

The origami did come to Snape's possession in the oddest way possible. It fluttered its paper wings through the halls, avoiding Filch and the fires on the torches, and then the robes of the other professors where they have gathered in Dumbledore's Office, and then eventually it landed on the Potions Master's shoulder.

"Severus, it seems you have something on your shoulder." Dumbledore spoke.

Confused, Snape turned and found that there was something on his shoulder. A paper crane, taking it, Snape unfolded the parchment and saw the note written in beautiful penmanship. His eyes widened with what he read.

"What is it, Professor Snape?" McGonagall asked.

"It seems that Potter and his friends, Weasley, Black, and Diggory have gone to the Chamber of Secrets." Snape gave the note to Dumbledore. But the moment the Headmaster touched it, the parchment burst into flames, surprising everyone in the room.

Gasps were heard from the teachers. It was bad enough that Ginny Weasley was taken by the beast, and now Harry, Ron, Carina, and Morgan have left to attend the danger.

"The Chamber could be found in the first-floor girl's bathroom. And it seems they have taken with them Lockhart." Snape added.

"We must go find them, Albus! They are in grave danger!" McGonagall said. "Who sent the letter?"

"They didn't sign their name." Snape answered. But he had a guess who it was that made such an effort to do so.

~*~

It was Slytherin's face that the two boys saw in the Chamber, but from all the grey it was hard not to spot the fiery red hair of Ginny Weasley, who lay on the ground unconscious. Running towards her Harry and Morgan – limping as he did – came to her side and sat down by the girl. They tried to shake her awake but she would not. She was cold.

"Ginny, wake up, we have to go." Harry shook her continuously.

"She won't wake."

Turning, the two boys saw a boy wearing an old Hogwarts uniform, he was much older than them, and the way he walked gave chills to Morgan's spine. A headache suddenly attacked Morgan, he clutched his head while he tried his hardest not to be a burden to Harry or make a scene. Ginny was more important now, especially when a threat has come.

"Tom – Tom Riddle?" Harry said. "What do you mean she won't wake?"

"She's still alive... but only just."

"Are you a ghost?" Harry asked.

"A memory, preserved in that diary for fifty years."

"Harry, we need to leave, now." Morgan started to grab Ginny, trying to get her up.