Chapter Sixty-Seven

Harry returned from his little trip with Dumbledore around midnight. Sirius, at that time, was already pacing around the room, worried, while Carina stayed with her father, and watched him. When Harry came to the door, Sirius immediately asked him about what it was that Dumbledore needed him for, but Harry simply said,

"Just Hogwarts stuff... he needed me to persuade a Professor to come back and teach."

He said nothing more, but Sirius and Carina were sure that there was more to that, but it seems Dumbledore was not letting Harry tell them anything more. After eating some left-over dinner, Harry went up to his room to rest, but he made sure to send Carina a message that he would explain once they were alone. When they were sure that Sirius was asleep, Harry crept to Carina's room as quietly as he can and snuck inside. The two spoke far from the wall where Sirius' room was at the other side and made sure to only to whisper.

"Slughorn?" Carina said.

"Yeah, ever heard of him?" Harry asked.

"No, not really," Carina said. "Is there a reason why Dumbledore wanted you to convince Slughorn?"

"No, not much... but he said that I was important that I had him come back to Hogwarts..." Harry then flushed in embarrassment in what he was to say. "He's a person who is fond of famous people."

"Are you saying he's a collector?" Carina asked. "Merlin, Dumbledore must be desperate to get someone to take the position of Defense Against the Dark Arts."

"He's not going to teach Defense Against the Dark Arts."

"He's not?"

"No... he'll be teaching Potions."

Carina's eyes widened in shock. "No... don't tell me Snape's..."

"Most likely."

Carina sighed. "Harry, there's something you also need to know."

"What is it?"

Carina leaned forward and spoke in a quieter voice, "Aunt Charity is... hesitant in letting us return to Hogwarts."

"What? Why?" Harry gasped.

"I overheard her talking with Dad, and she's worried – no, she's scared. She thinks it's too dangerous."

"Can't blame her... she's going through so much right now," Harry said. "What'd Sirius say?"

"He managed to convince her that it was best if we returned, at least there, you'll be under Dumbledore's watch 24/7," Carina shrugged. "By the way, Hermione sent a letter earlier, she said she'll be heading to the Burrow tomorrow morning, she'll be staying there until we leave for Hogwarts."

They heard footsteps outside, Carina and Harry turned off the candle and quietly made their way to Carina's bed. Carina hid under her covers while Harry hid under her bed. They listened for a while, hoping that Charity or Sirius won't come and check on them. Luckily, they heard the door of the twin's nursery open and the cries of the two babes. They sighed in relief. Harry crawled out of bed.

"I should get back to my room," Harry said. "Good night."

"Good night," Carina said.

Just as Harry left, a tapping sound on the window caught Carina's attention. Getting up from bed, she went to the window and found a familiar-looking gray owl tapping its beak on the glass, in its beak was a small scroll. Opening her window, the owl hopped inside and then placed the small scroll in Carina's palm.

"Noctua," Carina said. "Why are you..."

Noctua then let out a quiet sound before flying away. Closing the window, Carina opened her lamp and settled in her bed. She opened the small scrolled parchment and saw the familiar hand-writing. It only had two words written at the center, and then the person's signature at the bottom.