Chapter Thirteen

Tom Goldstein arrived at the stormy docks of Azkaban Prison. He stared gloomily at the place and had second thoughts of even coming inside.

"Ah... Mr. Goldstein, we were not expecting you." An Auror came to greet Tom.

"My apologies, I wasn't really expecting to visit actually." Tom shook the Auror's hand. "I hope it's no trouble."

"No, no... please, follow me." The Auror led Tom inside Azkaban Prison, upon just arriving, Tom felt all the happiness inside him vanish, but he knew that this quick visit was nothing compared to the prisoners that stayed at Azkaban. Tom didn't need to be led to the cell he was to visit, he has memorized its path already, having to visit it numerous times on certain occasions.

"Haven't changed much, a bit mad I think." The Auror said.

Tom simply nodded and continued to follow. They passed through numerous cells that held one of the maddest Witches and Wizards. One being Bellatrix Lestrange. Tom ignored the woman's derange calls as he passed by. She has gone mad.

"Here we are." The Auror stopped before a cell. "I'll wait at the corner."

"Thank you." Tom said.

"No problem. Just don't stay too long – Azkaban's not a walk in a park." The Auror left to give Tom his privacy with the mad-man inside the cell. Tom went closer to the cell to have a better look at it. It was very dark and it was hard for him to see the man he was looking for.

"Tom?" A raspy voice called.

Tom's jaw clenched at the sound of the man's voice. His hands turned to a fist and his eyes held hatred to the man.

"Black." Tom greeted.

"Tom!"

Before him, Sirius Black crawled out of the shadows looking mad as ever. His hair all tangled up, face dirty, his clothes were tattered, his hands and feet black from lying on the cold ground.

"What are you doing here, Tom? You shouldn't be here." Sirius spoke.

Tom fished out something from his pocket and placed it at the ground before Sirius' feet. Sirius bent down to get the small and think package. He first turned to Tom – who held a face of disgust – before he opened the package.
It was a photo. A photo of little Carina on her first time at Platform 9 ¾ , at the photo the young girl waved frantically at him with the brightest smile she had. Sirius let out a sob as he saw the girl so happy. He took the other photo from behind and saw another photo of Carina, this time, she was with four other kids her age at – also at Platform 9 ¾ , the one at the right end was a boy with auburn hair, then at Carina's other side was a boy with black hair, green eyes bespectacled eyes, and had messy black hair – Sirius immediately recognized the boy with his face, and did not seem to notice the other two children at the photo:

"Harry?" He thought.

And beside Harry was Carina. In the photo, Carina and the four other children were laughing and were making jokes at each other. The sight of his daughter and his godson laughing and being good friends caused him to cry in happiness.

"Keep it down." Tom hissed.

Sirius nodded. He wiped his tears and turned back to Tom.

"Why?" Sirius asked.

Tom did not respond. He kept his glare at Sirius.

"Thank you." Sirius cried.

Tom stared at the man before him. Sirius looked back at Carina's photo and smiled.

"She looks exactly like her mother." Sirius said.

Tom couldn't hold his anger anymore, he turned away and left the cell, but before he could leave, Sirius called out to him.

"Tom! I didn't kill her, Tom! I didn't kill her! I didn't kill her! I didn't kill her!"

Tom ignored Sirius' cries and left Azkaban; behind him, he could still hear his pleas.