Chapter Seventy-Three

The following morning, as much as Carina wanted to see Theodore, she was needed to stay with the Gryffindors as it was their first Quidditch match. It was Gryffindor against Slytherin. Maisie has asked Carina to join her for breakfast to braid her hair since the last time she played Quidditch she found it a hassle to have her ponytail flying around her face.

"Ouch! Not too tight!" Maisie cried out.

"You don't want your hair flying around, right?" Carina told her.

"Fine, but don't pull my hair off of my head!" Maisie grumbled.

Ginny snickered at the sight of Maisie and Carina arguing. Now she was having second thoughts on having Carina braid her hair as well. They all sat with Harry, Ron, and Hermione to give Ron the support he needed for the match. The last time he played did not go so well, especially with Slytherin's little cheer. It was a good thing that Roman was now Quidditch Captain and banned the Slytherin team from doing such acts again, and threatened to kick them off the team if they even tried to sing the song Malfoy made.

"Good luck, eh, Ron?" Neville patted Ron at the back as he passed them.

"Counting on you, Ron, I've got two Galleons on Gryffindor!" Seamus added.

Their words of encouragement did not help him at all.

"So, how was it?" Ron asked.

"How was what?" Hermione asked.

"Your dinner party," Ron said.

"Dead boring. Though I think Harry enjoyed dessert," Hermione smiled. "Ol' Sluggy's having a Christmas do, you know. And we're meant to bring someone..."

"I expect you'll be going with McLaggen. Isn't he a member of the Slug Club?" Ron asked with a frown.

"Actually, I was going to ask you."

"Really?" Ron asked.

"Really. But seeing as you have such a distaste for the idea –" Hermione began.

"Carina!" Maisie cried.

"I think that's a bit too tight, Carina," Harry said as he saw Maisie's tears.

"Well, it's done," Carina patted Maisie's back and had her eat her breakfast. "Ginny?"

Ginny's eyes widened. Maybe she shouldn't let Carina braid her hair, but Carina already had her in position and started her work.

"Good luck today, Ron!" Lavender Brown said, blushing. "I know you'll be brilliant."

"She is the weirdest girl I know," Carina muttered just as Lavender left.

Ginny slightly winced at the tightness of the braid, but not long, Carina finished and lets Ginny see Dean before the match.

"I'm resigning. After today's match. McLaggen can have my spot," Ron said.

"Have it your way. Juice?" Harry held out the juice.

Carina, Hermione, Maisie, and Ginny turned to Harry, surprised that he was actually taking Ron's resignation.

"You're serious?" Carina asked him.

"Sure..." Ron said.

Just as Ron was going to get the goblet, Luna arrived at the table wearing a hat that resembles to a real lion. Maisie was impressed with her hat and complimented her for it, and Luna thanked her.

"You look dreadful, Ron," Luna said, her voice dreamily.

Ron nods grimly. He lifts his glass –