Chapter Seven

"YOU FACED A TROLL AND DIDN'T INVITE ME?!"

It was clear that Roman did not see the life-threatening part with what they just told him about their ventures with the troll at the girl's bathroom. He was just pouting and grumbling how Harry and Ron did not call for him to face the troll, but his moping was easily eased when they started talking about Quidditch season, which was fast approaching as days seem to be passing by too quickly for them. And in those months, there was a mix of yelps, laughter, and Malfoy's cries that echoed in the halls of Hogwarts as Carina and Roman went to work with their antics. But, of course, it did not go unpunished and the losing of House points, but the two did not seem to mind since Fred and George (and Harry) were also having a fair-share to the blame. Roman on the other hand was not in a better situation as Slytherins glared at his way, but with Theodore, Blaise, and Adrian Pucey to back him up, he was fine. Besides, he also had his cat Lynx to protect him from any threatening figures.

After their little talk at the bathroom, Carina and Hermione would often find Morgan in the halls, they would wave in his direction or even call his name, and the boy would happily wave back at them. At class, when the Gryffindors shared with the Hufflepuffs, Hermione and Carina would sit with him. It brought curiosity to Harry and Ron, and Roman and Theodore, to how they were well acquainted with the Hufflepuff boy. And the girls would simply say,

"He's nice and very friendly, and sweet." Carina said.

And when Theodore overheard that comment, he would scoff, "He's a Hufflepuff, he's supposed to be nice and friendly, and sweet."

For the remaining days of October, Carina, Ron, Hermione, and Roman have dedicated their time to help Harry with his preparation for his first Quidditch match. Hermione showed him the copy of Quidditch Through the Ages in the library, which Harry found to be a good read. But then Snape saw it in his possession and had it confiscated for reasons, "library books are not supposed to be taken out of the school," and took five points from Gryffindor. Carina and Roman retaliated, of course, but got a week's detention.

Harry did try to get the book from Snape, once, but failed when he approached their Potions professor at his vulnerable state. His leg bleeding. And Harry overheard the man say,

"Blasted dog, how would you even keep your eyes on all three heads at the same time."

When Harry was about to close the door quietly, he got caught.

"POTTER!"

"I was just wondering if I could have the book back." Harry said.

"GET OUT, OUT!" Snape bellowed and slammed the door shut.

When he was met by his friends outside, he immediately told them what he saw and heard at Snape's office.

"You know what this means, right? Snape's after that thing on the third floor! He's been trying to get to it since Halloween! He probably even set the troll-free just to get there!" Harry explained to them.

"No! He wouldn't! I know he's not nice, but he wouldn't steal something that Dumbledore is keeping safe." Hermione tried to defend the man.

"He took a book for no apparent reason, Hermione. I'm pretty sure he would do that too." Carina pointed out.

"Merlin, Hermione, you really need to stop seeing professors as saints!" Ron told her.

"Hey, Professor McGonagall is a saint." Roman added quickly.

The three Gryffindors turned to him with a confused look. What is it with him and Professor McGonagall? While Carina simply laughed at what Roman said. But, then again, Professor McGonagall was a saint. A badass one.