Chapter Sixty-Nine

Just before they reached Hogwarts, Carina returned to her compartment to get her uniform. She was questioned by Roman and the others as to where she's been but she made a pathetic excuse and then she made a quick run to get in her uniform. After doing so, she tried to look for Theodore but no matter how hard she looked he was nowhere to be seen. It was as if he disappeared. Disappointed, Carina returned to the compartment she shared with Roman and the others, who once again, asked where she's been.

"Neville said that you left the compartment crying, is everything alright?" Hermione asked.

"Crying?" Carina turned to Neville, who looked down at his feet. "I wasn't crying – and I'm just fine!"

"Then where did you go?" Morgan asked.

"I –" Carina wanted to say she was with Theodore but then remembered that she and Theodore agreed to keep their time together a secret, and also for the reason because they still are suspicious of him. "I wanted to be alone for a while... fell asleep in a compartment."

It seems her excuse was enough for everyone but for Roman and Morgan, who glanced at each other for a moment knowing that Carina was lying.

"Well, it's a good thing you woke up before we arrive at Hogsmeade," Roman said, getting along with her lie.

"Yeah, what are the odds," Carina said.

Hogwarts Express finally stopped at the station, and one by one the students got off.

"Where's Harry?" Carina asked.

"Dunno, we thought he went after you," Roman answered.

"He didn't."

"But Neville said," Hermione said.

"I thought I did – that's what Harry told me," Neville said.

When they reached the gates where the carriages were, Carina froze as she saw the sight of the beasts that were attached to it. And while Carina was staring at the Thestrals, even coming close to touching one of them, Ron spoke.

"Aurors. Dad said that it was for extra security," Ron said.

Carina turned and finally saw the witches and wizards present. And then there was Filch.

"I doubt Filch is here for extra security," Carina said.

"What's he searching for?" Roman asked.

"Products that Fred and George are selling, I guess that means your great deal of marauding won't be happening," Hermione said, smiling as she did.

Carina and Roman smirked, and Morgan sighed.

"We're not idiots, Hermione," Roman brought an arm around the said girl.

"We know that Filch would search us," Carina said.

"That's why we hid our toys very well," Roman hooked his arm around Morgan and had him open his robes. Sighing, Morgan opened his robes and revealed joke products hanging outside his pockets.

Hermione turned to the boy agape, "You're helping them smuggle those in?"

"It was this, or they were going to stuck it up their arses, Hermione," Morgan closed his robe.

"How desperate are you two to bringing those into the castle?"

"Oh, very," Carina said. "And don't worry, Morgan's not the only one carrying our stuff."

"Who else have you dragged into this?"

"No one, just us," Roman said.

"Then where did you two hide the other stuff?" Ron asked.