Chapter Seventy-Five

Carina and the others were heading home for the holidays, the Weasleys were hosting a Christmas party, and Mrs. Weasley invited everyone. Of course, Sirius and Charity accepted the invitation – knowing that though they have a new home, the Burrow would always be a place where they could all be together – but Hermione and Roman had to go home to their families as their parents insisted they would spend their Christmas with their families.

On the train back to London, Roman excused himself from the group as he would be joining Morgan in their own compartment, and not wanting to be a third-wheel, Carina decided to join Harry and the others since she couldn't find Theodore anywhere. But just as she was to enter the compartment, Theodore appeared and grabbed her hand.

"Theodore," She said.

"Would you like to join me?" Theodore asked.

"Of course," She turned back to her friends. "I'll see you at the station."

Harry and Ron had a displeased look but said nothing, while Hermione nodded and waved goodbye to her.

Theodore brought Carina to their own compartment, away from everyone else. He closed the door after him and then sat down with a sigh. Carina sat down beside him, concerned with how he looked. He looked tired, his bags were deeper, his eyes were red and puffy as if he cried.

"Theodore, what's going on, you're worrying me," Carina said.

Theodore took a breath before facing Carina, "Everything's fine."

"Then why do you look like you just cried the whole night?"

"Cried?" Theodore's brows furrowed.

"Your eyes are all red."

"No, I just... I couldn't sleep."

Carina frowned, "Then try to get some sleep now."

"I will, but... just let me spend some time with you before we arrive at the Platform," Theodore took Carina's hand and held it tight.

"Theodore, you need to rest –"

"Please, it would ease my mind... and it would help me sleep later."

He sounded desperate, so Carina gave in to his request. Carina got her legs over Theodore's lap, so she can face him, while he moved closer to her and wrapped an arm around her. Carina rested her head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat.

"Your heart is beating fast," Carina commented.

Theodore let out a chuckle, "I'm with a beautiful woman, of course it is."

Carina rolled her eyes, "Flattery, what is it with you boys always resorting to flattery."

"Maybe it's because you like it?" Theodore shrugged.

"Fine, I do, but not all the time – especially when it's a lie –"

"Who said you're not beautiful?" Theodore asked, his voice firm.

"Does it matter?" Carina raised a brow.

"Yes, considering you believe what they say... I thought you never let what others say about you affect you?"

"I'm still human, Theodore, there are times that they do."

"Then tell me their names and I'll hex them."

Carina looked up to him, "If I do that, then you'll be hexing the whole Slytherin House – counting Snape."

"Gladly," Theodore smiled. There was silence between them. A comfortable one. Carina and Theodore simply sat there in each other's embrace while looking out at the window, watching the blur of the trees and mountains they passed. Theodore played with Carina's hands, drawing patterns on her palm and letting her guessed, there were times when Carina would easily guess the right answer while there were others, she would take time to. After a few hours of talking and playing games, Carina finally convinced Theodore to get some sleep. She was about to get up and sit at the seat across from them, but Theodore made her stay put and laid on her lap, his face buried on her stomach. His hand clasped with hers, while the other held her sweater. He refused to let her go. Not after what he and Roman spoke of last night.