Chapter Forty-One

Though Hogwarts was hosting two other schools this year, it did not stop Carina and Roman from continuing their Mischievous Plans for the term. Their first prank began with replacing all of Malfoy's quills with shrinking quills, which had him questioning why he has lost every quill he had. Next was the "accidental" slip of an enlarging potion into Crabbe and Goyle's cauldron, which doubled every ingredient they placed and caused it to erupt, and then their hands becoming large. Snape was not too happy about it, though he knew that it was Carina and Roman, he had no evidence. And most recently, Carina and Roman transfigured Malfoy's bag to a rabbit, and it hopped, hopped, hopped away from Malfoy whenever he tried to get it back.

While sitting in the Great Hall, Carina and Roman were thinking about a name for their little group (as they counted Theodore). Their planner name still had EDA on the center, which was temporary, and Carina and Roman wanted to have a name of their own, just like the Marauders when they were in school. They couldn't possibly use "Marauders" as their name, they wanted something different, something that clearly says that it was them, and not a replica of the past. But it seems, finding a name is harder than planning their next prank on Malfoy.

It was a slow year for them, Roman admitted, as they have only done so little in so little time. Usually, he and Carina would be cleaning the toilets at the first week of the term, but for some reason, they were still untouched by Filch's cleaning supplies. Maybe it had something to do with the Beauxbatons and Durmstrangs being in the castle? But, as it was a slow day, it meant, Carina's mind was free to wander with whatever she could think of. And when that happens, it's mostly the most random thing there is.

They were at Potions when it happened, and Harry and the others never thought that Carina and Roman would even think about doing it.

"You know, Snape looks like a bat with what he's wearing," Carina suddenly said as she poured the ingredients of her potion into the cauldron.

"What?" Roman asked, in disbelief.

"Of all the things you could be doing, or even think about our Potions Master," Theodore began as he continued to stir his potion and reading the instructions. "You think he's a bloody bat?"

"Look at him! Snape looks like a bloody bat! How do you think he sleeps at night? And if he does, does he do it hanging upside down the ceiling?" Carina continued.

"Yeah, because our Potions Professor is a bloody vampire-bat who also speaks like this," Roman then imitated a bad Vlad Dracula accent they've been seeing on television. "Today, we shall make a hair-regrowth potion. Black, five points from Gryffindor for breathing by my neck blah, blah, blah!"

Carina burst out laughing at Roman's bad accent and mimicking Snape, while Theodore tried his hardest not to laugh. Unknowing to them, Snape has walked up to their spot and hit Carina and Roman at the heads with his rolls of parchment.

"Thank you, Mister Alston, for your reminder – ten points from Gryffindor and Slytherin, for your unappreciated theatrics," Snape spoke, "And, I do hope that you and Miss Black, Mister Alston, have managed to brew an effective antidote because come next month I shall put your antidotes to the test... I expect you two to bring yours wherever you go."

After Snape left their side, Carina and Roman pursed their lips to try to stop themselves from laughing. Theodore was smiling at his place, but he tried to hide it, while Harry and Ron, and the other Gryffindors could not stop snickering. Seeing that Carina and Roman were not taking Snape's threat seriously, Hermione leaned over to them to say,

"You do know that there is a possibility that Professor Snape would actually try to poison you, right?" Hermione said.

"Oh, please, like he would – Snape would be sacked if he does," Carina rolled her eyes, "On second thought, please, let him poison one of us."