Chapter Forty-Seven

Carina woke on Christmas Day by Hester's continuous nudging of her foot

Carina woke on Christmas Day by Hester's continuous nudging of her foot. She opened her eyes and found her owl at the foot of her bed, along with numbers of presents, slightly glaring at her as his face said "finally, you're awake", Carina rolled her eyes on her very dramatic owl and then threw a treat at his way. Hester let out a squawk before getting the treat and flew away through their open window, leaving a letter from where he stood.

"Merry Christmas to you too," Carina muttered. She then grabbed her wand, placed it before her heart, and recited the incantation, "Amato Animo Animato Animagus". She then reached for the letter at was placed on her foot to see who it was from. At first, she thought it was from Tom, but then she saw the familiar handwriting. It was from her father. It's been a while since they heard from Sirius, and though they understood the reason why he rarely wrote to them, she and Harry wished that he would. Grinning, Carina quickly opened the letter to read what her father wrote to her.

Dear Carina,

I'm sure by the time you got this it's Christmas Day, so Happy Christmas! I'm sorry that I wasn't able to write to you on your birthday – Viv didn't let me because of my little stunt at the Floo. I heard that there would be a Ball at Hogwarts, and I do hope you went with a friend – Harry, would ease my nerves – and don't forget to have fun. I'm a little jealous of who your date would be since I won't see you in your dress, but, nonetheless, I know you would look spectacular – which you obviously got from me.

Carina chuckled at her father's little side notes.

For your birthday and Christmas, I left you a little something. It's a for your look for the Ball. I hope you would like it. When Viv and I saw it, we knew that it was perfect for you. Besides, Butterflies were your mother's Patronus.

Always keep your friends close. And never forget that a little mischief won't hurt.

Love, Dad.

After Sirius' signature, Carina saw Vivian's writing, and again, Sirius left a rather small space for her to write on.

Carina,

Alas, your father left a very "generous" space for me to write on. So, I shall make this quick. I know it's a few hours too early, but you will look amazing later at the Ball – yes, I've seen it, and I haven't told your father but he's been begging for me to draw him a picture of it – and I know for certain that you would enjoy your night. Don't worry, I won't tell your father who you danced with looking like Beauty and the Beast, or else this man would charge right into Hogwarts and curse the poor boy.

Have fun, Carina. And always remember to follow your heart.

Vivian

Carina's brows furrowed when she read Vivian's letter, it sounded silly then again, the witch was a Moirai, so there is a possibility that she's seen what has happened. But, again, the future could change, and maybe because she told her somethings in the future, little alterations would happen... or not?