Chapter Eighty-One

Roman woke with a splitting headache. He carefully got up from bed, but the whole time he did he held on to anything he could reach. The headache radiated from his brain to the center of his eyes. Where was he, he thought. The last thing he remembered was the wedding – the Death Eaters – him, trying to get Carina and Morgan to safety –

"Carina... Morgan," He whispered.

He reached to grab onto the table, but due to his blurry sight, he thought it was close enough and he fell on the ground. The sound of him falling caught the attention of the people downstairs. The door opened. It was Morgan, Alric, and Mrs. Weasley who came to see him.

"Roman!" Morgan went to his side and grabbed one of his arms to carry him back to bed. Alric went to help and took Roman's other arm and settled him down properly.

"You're fine," Roman breathed out, reaching for Morgan. "I'm happy that you're fine."

"You shouldn't worry about anyone else other than yourself right now – that spell almost cracked your skull," Morgan said.

"I guess it's one of the perks of being hardheaded," Roman joked.

Jason rolled his eyes, "Really – you almost got your head blown off and you still have the energy to make head-jokes."

Roman shrugged. Mrs. Weasley came back to the room with some soup and settled it on Roman's bedside, not long another person entered the room. It was Sirius. Roman looked around the room looking for the person he expected to be there. His brows furrowed in confusion when he couldn't find her.

"How are you?" Sirius asked.

"Fine... but where's Carina?" Roman asked.

Silence came to the room.

"Where is Carina?" Roman asked again, this time his voice raised.

"Rome, you need to calm down," Alric held down his son.

"No, I won't – I won't calm down until someone tells me where my best friend is –"

"Roman, Carina was taken last night," Jason spoke. "It was Dolohov who grabbed her – Roman, don't!"

Jason and Morgan held down Roman before he could even swing his legs off the bed.

"What do you mean don't?! Carina has been taken – I'm surprised that you're all still here and not out there looking for her!" Roman exclaimed.

"We've been trying to figure out where she is," Morgan said. "Where they could have taken her."

"Then use my compass!" Roman fished for his compass from his pocket, but wasn't there, he looked around – ignoring the surging pain of his head – and found it on the bedside table. He grabbed it and tossed it at Sirius's way. "It will show you where she is – and if she's using it right now, you might see her."

"We already tried it," Sirius said. "All it's been doing is pointing West – and we're still figuring out what could possible be there... and Carina has not opened the compass, we haven't seen her."

"Then go west," Roman said. "If you won't, then I will – come on, Morgan."

"You can't go," Alric spoke. "As much as you want – you can't."

"Why not?! I'm not letting Carina stay with them – they might be putting her in a stinking cell right now – or worse – out in the cold!"

"Roman, we can't leave," Morgan took his hand. "Because a few days ago – while you were still asleep – these came." Morgan took something from his pocket. Too letters. Two Hogwarts letters for him and Morgan. "They will try to look for you if you don't go back to Hogwarts."