Chapter Twenty-Nine

In less than a day, Defense Against the Dark Arts became the most favorite subject of all the students, and Professor Lupin the most favorite professor. Many looked forward to the class as it was the first time in two years since they had a good Professor – considering the history they had with Professors; one having Voldemort stuck at the back of his head, and the other being a complete narcissistic-fraud who got himself blasted by a Memory Charm. And the students hoped that Lupin would stick around longer than the previous professors before. Especially Carina, who was developing a good relationship with Lupin after finding out that he was actually her godfather, and she never failed to point it out to Roman.

"Guess you're not the only one with a relative as a teacher," Carina teased.

"You and Professor Lupin aren't even related!" Roman argued.

"He's my godfather, it's close enough," Carina shrugged.

And like any other professor, most of the Slytherins were not too pleased with Lupin, especially Malfoy who kept on commenting on the man's wardrobe, "Look at the state of his robes, it reminds me of our old house-elf!" – but no one cared about Lupin's robes since he was the best teacher they could ask for – and like most of the students in Slytherin, Snape too was not fond of Lupin as the man would be seen glowering whenever Lupin was around, and Carina noticed that he was even fouler towards her and Harry in class.

"I don't recall setting a dung-bomb at Snape this term," Carina whispered to Harry. "What's he got to do with us now? Hasn't he noticed that I haven't caused a scene at class for the past few days?"

"It's Snape, he always has something against us," Harry sighed.

But it wasn't just Lupin that has Carina interested in the class, but also McGonagall who has been giving a few lessons about Animagi and how a wizard and witch become one – she and Roman took very detailed notes on that – and then there was Charms with Professor Flitwick where the wizard was teaching them a unique spell that the two friends found handy in times of need.

"Now, the switching charm helps a witch or wizard switch the places of one object to another. The spell goes like this... Reponere, say it with me! Reponere!" Flitwick urged the class.

"Reponere!"

"Excellent, when using that spell, the caster must set their minds on what object they will use to switch places with the object their wand is pointed at... like so – please keep an eye on the goblet and the book!" Flitwick pulled up his sleeve and pointed his wand at the book, "Calix Reponere!", and in a blink of an eye, the book was replaced by the goblet in its place and the goblet with the book. "See, simple, now questions before we try with your button and knuts?"

Carina raised her hand, eagerly to Harry's notice.

"Yes, Miss Black?"

"Sir, can humans be used in switching?" Carina asked.

"There have been countless attempts in doing so and only a few managed to come out alive!" Flitwick said.

"So, it is possible?" Roman was grinning.

"Yes, but not something for you all to try – human switching is far more complicated than switching places with an object! The last student I remember trying such a switch managed to get themselves tangled up in each other's bodies – we had to send them to St. Mungos just to get them apart, so no! You are not allowed to try it with humans, is that understood?" Flitwick made it a stern warning.

"Oh, very, Professor." Roman innocently grinned.

But Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Theodore knew exactly what was happening in the minds of Roman and Carina, and the four were sure that the two best friends would find themselves in St. Mungo's before the term ended, but they were not fond of the image of seeing Carina and Roman sharing one body with both of their heads coming out. It was too horrific. And just as they all were practicing the spell, the two friends were overjoyed to see their successful use of the switch, and with simple signals, to each other, a plan was brewing, and Theodore was already planning a visit to the library to borrow a book on Medical-Magic.