Chapter Twenty

The attack had an effect on every student in Hogwarts, especially on Hermione, who has been doing more than just her usual reading. For the past few days, Carina noticed that many students have been borrowing copies of Hogwarts, A History for the sole purpose of searching for the Chamber of Secrets. And it seems Hermione too was one of those students but was unlucky as all the copies were out. Sitting in the library, Carina, Ron, and Harry were busy writing a three-foot-long composition about the "Medieval Assembly of European Wizards" while Hermione made her search in the library.

While writing, Harry and Ron tried to sneak on Carina's work, as it seems she was almost finished, but when the girl suddenly stopped writing and wrung her stiff hand, she suddenly passed the pen to her other and continued on with her work. This shocked the two boys.

"Hang on, did you just – are you..." Ron stuttered.

"What?" Carina asked.

"I thought you were right-handed!" Ron pointed to her hand.

"I thought she was left!" Harry said.

"I am." Carina said, and just as she was to continue her work she saw Roman and Theodore pass by their table, both carrying books of their own and settled at the table far from them. Carina ignored the glances made by the two Slytherins and went back to writing.

Ron and Harry exchanged glances after seeing the looks Roman and Carina gave each other. Their fight has been going on since Malfoy called Hermione a Mudblood, and the two were nowhere near making up. When Ron told Harry that they even got into a fistfight, he was stunned and went to see if Carina was alright. She was. She only got out with an aching head and blow at the stomach.

"Still not talking to Roman?" Harry asked her.

"Nope." Carina popped the 'p'.

"What did he do exactly? I heard he already apologized to Hermione... so, why aren't you two..."

"He said something that was completely over the line." Carina muttered, not wanting to tell them that Roman talked about her father. But then again, the only reason why he did was that she provoked him. "Because... I also said somethings that were over the line..."

"Then go apologize!" Ron said.

Carina was silent. She placed down her quill and started fidgeting. "I know... but how do I apologize?"

"You'll think of something." Harry reassured her.

"I can't find a copy anywhere!" Hermione sat down at her seat, completely defeated.

"Of what?" Ron asked.

"All the copies of Hogwarts, A History are borrowed and won't be available until the end of the month. I knew I should've brought my own copy."

"Why do you need that?" Ron's brows furrowed.

"The same reason as everyone else, the read about the Legend of the Chamber of Secrets." Hermione answered.

"What's that?" Harry asked.

"That's just it, I can't remember." Hermione groaned in frustration. "And I can't find the story anywhere else!"

The bell rang, and the four Gryffindors went to their History of Magic class before they were late. They were sharing the class with the Hufflepuffs, and Carina saw Morgan being escorted by his brother to the classroom, the two Diggorys seem to be in a deep conversation, and Carina was sure she saw Morgan's hair turn white. She wasn't sure why, but she had a feeling that it had something to do with the attack. After Cedric brushed his brother's hair back – to try and calm him – he said his goodbye and went to go to his own class. Carina excused herself from Harry and the others approached Morgan.