Chapter Thirty

After the attack of the Fat Lady, students were asked to camp at the Great Hall until the castle was certain that Sirius Black was no longer inside. Aurors were called to add security, and one of them being Tom Goldstein, who was asked personally by Dumbledore for his assistance in the matter but would arrive by November as he was still in the middle of finishing a job for the Department. Along with the changes, the Fat Lady's portrait was replaced until it was repaired by Sir Cadogan, the knight from the High Tower, who Roman enjoyed messing with. But it seems, the knight was enjoying his new duties and messing with the Gryffindors by changing the password every hour!

"Who dares challenge, Sir Cadogan! Back you scurvy braggarts! You rogues!" The knight whipped his word.

"He's barking mad!" Seamus exclaimed.

"What's going on?" Carina came to the top of the stairs. She tried to avoid the stairs that the students were giving her. It seems it finally dawned at them at who she was. And it was all thanks to Malfoy's help, the boy has been spreading the news about Carina's parentage, and it was following her like the plague. She would find her classmates whispering behind her back, their stares, and worse of all, some were not even making an effort to hide their intentions.

"He won't let us through!" Dean frowned.

"He keeps changing the password! Twice just this morning! I've taken to keeping a list," Neville added.

Wanting to leave the staring crowd, Carina marched up to the painting and demanded that he let them enter.

"Dingallo," Carina said the password.

"Wrong password, my dear," Sir Cadogan shook his head.

Carina took out her wand and pressed it on the canvas, "I'm not in the mood. Open the bloody door or I rip it open. Dingallo."

"Eyes of the devil!" The Knight whispered, remembering the Fat Lady's words. Not a moment later, the Knight opened the door. Carina entered the common room and made her way up to the girl's dormitory – Hermione running after her – leaving the group of intimidated Gryffindors.

"I knew she was scary, but not that scary," Dean smirked.

"She even made Sir Cadogan piss himself!" Seamus stared at the Knight.

"Why do you think I try not to get on her bad side?" Ron added.

Days passed and the whispering and staring have not stopped, Carina found the once safe and comforting halls of Hogwarts to be hells she has to injure to answer for her sins. Or rather, the sins of her father. She could see in the eyes of her friends that they found out about the truth as well, but have not said anything nor are they acting differently towards her. Maybe they were ignoring the whispers, she thought, gossip was a normal thing in schools – Muggle or Magical school – and she hoped that they think so as well, but she knew that Hermione have figured it out already. Nothing escapes Hermione.

At one peaceful morning at the Great Hall, Carina could hear the shameless whispers of Lavender and Parvati, she tried to ignore them, but it was hard especially when she heard the words "murderer" and "traitor" when they mentioned her name. Wanting to get away, Carina slammed her book shut, alarming her friends, and packed her things to leave. Hermione, Harry, and Ron tried to stop her to leave, but Carina had enough.

"You're already leaving?"

Turning, Carina met the familiar eyes of Cedric Diggory. The Hufflepuff looked down at her with furrowed brows and concerned eyes that had her blush. Standing up to meet him, Carina found herself stuttered in the presence of the handsome young man.