Chapter Twenty-One

Quidditch season finally came, and the first match was between Gryffindor and Slytherin. Carina watched from the Great Hall as the Slytherin team marched in wearing their emerald uniforms, within the crowd, she saw Roman grinning as Adrian Pucey had him in a headlock. And then there was Malfoy who was trailing after them. Taking a large bite from her sandwich, Carina got up from the Gryffindor table ("Where are you going?" Ron asked) and walked up to the Slytherin table. She received glares from the green-and-silvers, especially when she stood behind the Slytherin Quidditch Team.

"What are you doing here, Black?" Malfoy sneered.

"Not for you, Malfoy, that's a fact." Carina remarked. "I'm here for the Best Player that Slytherin has ever got."

"I'm the best player here, I can outfly anyone – even Potter."

"We'll see at the field, now, stick your bloody nose out of my business, I need to talk to Roman." Carina tried to walk past Malfoy, but her way was blocked by Flint and another Slytherin. "You're lucky, I can't lay a finger on any of you now – out of respect for Roman."

"Flint, let her through." Adrian Pucey shoved Marcus Flint out of the way. He then pushed Roman forward to Carina and told him that they would meet him at the locker room as the team left.

"What is it?" Roman asked, his hands were fidgeting.

"I just wanted to say... good luck." Carina glanced at Theodore's way, who watching from where he sat, and then back at Roman. "And that I'm sorry."

"Sorry? For what?" Roman asked.

"For what I said... and for giving you a hard time getting along with your Housemates."

"You do know that I don't mind it, especially since I know that I have my friends around."

"I'll have to thank Nott for keeping an eye on you... Merlin, that is the last thing I want to do."

"He's not that bad to hang around, you know?" Roman said. "Just have to look past the sarcasm and the know-it-all personality."

"I heard that, and don't expect me doing your Potions homework because of it." Theodore went to Roman's side. "You'll be late if you don't get your bloody arse to the Pitch."

Roman turned to Carina. "I'm sorry too, for talking about your..."

"You don't have to walk on eggshells anymore – you can say the 'F' word." Carina smiled lightly.

Roman's eyes widened, he turned to Theodore. "What did you do to her?! It's like you gave her therapy!"

"Just to have you stop reading Lockhart's books, it's bad for your brain." Theodore grabbed Roman by the collar and started dragging him away. "Ta léme, Carina Black!"

"I still don't know what that means, Nott!"

"Figure it out!"

Arriving at the Quidditch Pitch, Carina found Theodore standing by the entrance of the Gryffindor stands, his hands tucked in his pants pockets, and his Slytherin scarf almost covering half of his face. His presence had the other Gryffindors on edge, believing that Slytherin was trying to play a dirty match, but knowing what Theodore told her the other day, Carina knew that that wasn't the case – that is, if Slytherin wanted to win the match and not be disqualified.

"What're you doing here, Nott?" Ron sneered at him.

"Came to tell you that Roman's father is here – to see Roman's first game." Theodore told Carina.