Chapter Five

It was inevitable for Snape to catch Carina and Roman, just as detention was inevitable the moment Malfoy told their professor what has happened. Though it would mean losing House points, getting scolded by Professor McGonagall, ("You two! On the first week of the term, you got yourself in detention! – this beats Fred and George Weasley's record! This is not a laughing matter, Mr. Alston!" McGonagall turned to the boy with a stern look. "Sorry, Aunt Minnie." Roman sighed. Carina turned her gaze between him and their Professor, "AUNT MINNIE?!") and spending their free time on Friday cleaning the Potions classroom, it was worth it. As it meant more time for scheming for Carina and Roman.

"So, when were to planning on telling me about Professor McGonagall being your aunt?" Carina asked from where she swept the floor. It was where Malfoy and his Goons sat during class, and since Snape told everyone of Carina and Roman's punishment, they made an effort to make their place messy.

"Aunt Minnie and I agreed to not tell anyone, to prevent any idea of favoritism, but I couldn't help it." Roman smiled at the memory, but then frowned when he saw the table where Neville worked on and saw the mess.

"Now I know why you kept jumping when you saw McGonagall at the hall, and why you kept waving at her way." Carina chuckled.

"Aye...Sorry if I hadn't come to see you after the start-of-term feast, I've been trying to get along with the other Slytherins," Roman spoke from the far end of the classroom where he was clearing out a melted cauldron.

"Having trouble with the Slytherins?" Carina took a break from sweeping and was carving something on Snape's desk.

"Aye. I'm sure you know that most of the Slytherins are purebloods, so when they found out that I'm a half-blood with a Muggle mother, they weren't so nice about it." Roman's tone changed; he was angry. He loved his mother and he would not have anyone speak ill about her. "And more so, after that stunt we pulled at Malfoy."

"Don't tell me they're giving you a hard time." Carina got up from where she was sitting and returned to sweeping.

"Don't worry, I got Theodore and Blaise to back me up."

"Nott. You and he hang out a lot." Carina spoke.

"That a problem, Black?"

Turning, Carina found Theodore standing at the entrance of the Potions classroom while eating a muffin that he took from the Great Hall. He had a boring look on his face as he stared at her.

"Depends," Carina replied. "What are you doing here?"

"Checking up on the convicts and see their progress." Theodore stepped inside, he got out his wand and cleaned a table for him to settle his things on and sit. "Besides, things got boring at the Great Hall."

"You missed me, Theodore? I'm touched." Roman had his hand on his heart.

"How about got used to your annoying presence." Theodore replied.

"You'll get us in trouble, you know." Carina said.

"Aren't you already? Especially with Snape watching your every move now... a piece of advice, don't retaliate." Theodore got out a wrapped toffee and tossed it at Roman's way. "It'll only get messy."

"I will if he deserves it." Carina dropped her broom and marched up to Theodore.

"It's better to keep your head down, swallow your Gryffindor pride, and make it through the day."