Thirty-nine

Ares

Ahsha had been walking around the house essentially ignoring me. I had no idea what had happened in the span of a day that had caused this. If I asked her to do something, she did it with no question, but she didn't speak to me.

I wanted to cuddle with her she let me with little resistance. I wanted to talk, to spend time with her she let me, but she never spoke. I was growing tired of this little stunt, but it wasn't like she was fighting me she just wasn't speaking to me.

I stood going to the den to see Ahsha reading a book. I knock on a nearby wall gaining her attention. She looked up at me but didn't speak. "What is with you and this fucking attitude?" I asked her. She continued to look at me but no words left her lips. I clenched my jaw as I looked at her. "Why aren't you talking?" I asked her. She tilted her head looking up at me.

"I'm giving you what you asked for." She finally said. "What?" I asked her. "You wanted a mate who did what you said. No complaints. No resistance. No fighting. I'm giving you what you want." She said. "So, giving me what I want means that you won't talk to me?" I asked. "Why should I talk to you?" she asked.

"Because I'm your mate." I snapped. "And?" She asked. "Why do you have to fight me every step of the way? I can be kind to you, but you're so damn stubborn." I said. "No, you expect me to just forget about Pablo and Malik. Accept what you did like it wasn't some self-serving stunt." She said.

"It most definitely was self-serving, but I never said I wanted you to forget them," I told her. "They are your mates, I understand that. I just want you to love me above all," I said. "How can you expect me to do that, then?" She asked. "With time I expect you to forgive me," I said. She looked at me truly baffled at my words. "Why do you hate them so much?" She asked.

I didn't hate them. I loved them like they were my brothers because they basically were. "I don't hate them. They are a part of me. I just—" I paused. "Look I do not want to fight with you. I don't want to have to be this monster to you. You are my peace and I want nothing more than to make you happy—"

"Then make me happy. Give me Malik and Pablo back and we can work on getting past what you've done, just—" Ahsha paused. "Just think about me. Think about my needs. Do it for me." She said. I looked at her and much as I wanted to make her happy, I knew if I shared her with Malik or Pablo she'd eventually choose them and I would be alone.

"Why am I not enough?" I asked her. "Why is my love not enough for you?" I continued. "Because you are not my only mate. You are one of three. Why can't you put aside your own selfish needs and be my mate?" Ahsha said now standing. I watched her closely. She was about to continue when she just stopped.

"You know what, no." She said shaking her head. "No?" I repeated. "I'm done wasting my breath pleading with you," Ahsha said. "I'm done arguing why what you're doing and what you've done is wrong. I'm done fighting with you. Clearly, it's only falling on deaf ears, so you win." She said. "I win," I repeated once more.

"I'm done fighting you. I'm done arguing. I'm just done." She said going to walk past me when I grabbed her arm. "Ahsha?" I called. "What does that mean?" I asked. "You want an obedient little mate, then that's what you get." She said. "Do not expect me to speak to you unless it is absolutely necessary. Do not expect me to go out of my way to even interact with you. You are my mate in name only." She said snatching her arm away as she stormed off.

Ahsha

After speaking with my grandmothers, I had made up my mind about what I was going to do. No matter what I did Ares had been ahead of me at every turn. He had said several times, this was his world, and he was the king. Obviously in his world playing dirty and doing unspeakable things was a given.