Thirty-eight

Ares

I sat across from Ahsha looking at the ankle monitor that I had placed on her when we got back from the tombs. She looked up from her half-eaten plate of breakfast over to me. I took a sip of my coffee as my eyes met hers. "Once you finish your breakfast you will get dressed and meet me downstairs," I said. I could see the burning rage swirling in her eyes.

I relished in the fact that my little mate was so strong-willed. I knew she would never just roll over—at least not right away. Getting her to see that everything I was doing was for the best hadn't gone as I planned but I was willing to wait as long as it took. She opened her mouth to speak and I could just see a smartass remark dancing on her lips. I sat my cup down looking at her curiously.

"Please continue, my love," I said. Her mouth snapped shut and she looked away from me as her jaw clenched. She stood grabbing her plate. I stood as well standing in front of her halting her movement. I grabbed her plate taking it from her. "Go get dressed," I said turning my back to her. I glanced back at her seeing her look at the extra bodyguards that I had roaming our house. She pushed past all of them disappearing upstairs. I headed to my office cutting my computer on.

The security footage in our bedroom popped up and I watched as Ahsha walked into our room. She walked over to the dresser dropping to her knees opening the bottom drawer. She dug around for a moment before pulling out a small book. She looked at it for a moment taking several breaths before she put the book back and stood. She headed into the bathroom and stared at herself in the mirror gripping the counter tightly. She took a step back from the counter taking in a deep breath before heading over to the shower cutting it on.

I watched as the bathroom filled up with steam before she stripped out of her clothes. I stood heading out of my office and up the stairs to my room. I walked over to the dresser Ahsha had been at pulling it open. I pulled out the book and my chest warmed at the sight. I knew the feelings weren't my own but rather Malik's.

It was a book of poems Malik had for years. Ahsha had found it one day and once a day they would read a poem together. I opened the book seeing a picture of Ahsha and Malik cuddle together on a couch.

They looked like two people who were deeply in love

They looked like two people who were deeply in love. I rolled my eyes at the sight before I flipped through the pages seeing another picture. My blood ran hot at what I saw. It was a picture of Ahsha and Pablo.