Eighty-one

Omniscient

"Your mates have hurt you on more than one occasion and yet you still choose to fight for them, why?" Abeba asked. "Because I love them." Ahsha paused letting her words hold the space.

"And I don't say those words lightly. Everyone here knows how irritating those three men have been, but I love them still. It comes down to what I've already said. I don't need them, but I want them. They are who I want with me if I had to choose how I wanted to do life. They have brought me headaches but they've also brought me happiness. The impact that they have had on my life is indescribable. They are the people I want to share jokes, debates, challenges, and parenting duties with." A visible shiver washed over her.

"That doesn't mean things are perfect because they are still themselves, but I can see how much they're trying. This is all so new for them—for us really so as long as they keep making strides in the right direction we're good. And they know that if they ever pull anything half as bad as they have that's it. I may love them but I won't tolerate any more of that type of bullshit." The three Ahmad brothers glanced at each other feeling just how serious Ahsha was.

"What about you Isaac? Veronica has harassed your family and your other mate more than once. She even provoked the Queen, your sister, whom you're sworn to protect during her hearing. Because of her actions, your relationship with your second mate is on the line. How can we trust that when it comes to your duties to the Queen and your people you won't betray them both for your mate?" Marie asked.

"Because I can separate my feelings for my mate, the Queen, and my sister. Veronica has some issues that need to be worked out. We all know this, but she is more than just those moments. She is the woman who I can talk to all night and the conversations never get old. She is the woman who sings off-key with me and brings me peace." He paused.

"I know Veronica fucked up with Ahsha I will be the first to admit that. I know she fucked up with Camryn too and we've talked about it, and she knows she needs to fix it. I love my mates, I love my people, and I love my sister. I shouldn't have to choose between serving the Queen and having my mate. We are a family of second chances, this last week proved that much. Veronica deserves the opportunity to have hers." Ahsha rolled her eyes. "Do you think Ahsha should keep all of her mates?" Samantha asked Isaac. "Yes." He said. "Why?"

"Because they are good for each other. Ahsha has brought back their humanity. She's the whole reason the three of them are even sitting there together. If it had been left up to them we'd all be dead. She tamed them in a sense. They think about the real-world consequences and they would impact not only them but their family, their people. We saw it in the punishment they helped deliver to Tyla." Ahsha felt warmth consume her body.

She turned her head looking at her mates. They hadn't had a chance to discuss the last portion of the hearing and she could feel all the emotions brewing in them. "Ahsha is there a problem?" Her nana called.

Ahsha stared at each of her mates. Asir looked on curiously as did everyone else. Ahsha's eyes took on a soft subdued golden glow before one by one each man let out a sigh of relief. "Will you three be okay to continue?" She asked gently.

"Yes," Pablo said just above a whisper. Malik and Ares both nodded their heads. "Continue." She said to Isaac.

"They took into consideration the ripple that their actions would cause and the potential fallout it could bring for their people and their brother. I don't think they would've had the forethought or care to consider that their choices have consequences without Ahsha. She showed them that just because they are powerful does not mean they can't lose everything they love." Isaac said.

"What about the reverse? How are they good for her?" His nana asked. "Ahsha will bottle everything she's feeling inside and hold that shit in forever. I think that having to help her mates navigate all the stuff they've been through has forced her to self-reflect on how she copes with her issues." His words left Ahsha stunned.