Seventy-six

Ares

"Are—what's happening right now?" Pablo asked as Malik, and I sat on the bed watching Ahsha braid her hair. I found this very impressive since she had Nasir strapped to her chest as he slept.

"They're watching me and I'm letting them," Ahsha said. "See I listen. You want nonsexual intimacy—bam!" She said as Malik and I looked at each before laughing. Pablo chuckled.

"Why are you braiding your hair? It's the middle of the week. You don't do your hair in the middle of the week." He said. Malik nodded his head agreeing.

"Well, I figure since I almost laid hands on Veronica, and I almost came over the desk to get to Olivia. I'm sure tomorrow my hands will connect with someone." She said as flames flared around her.

"And we all know your old bat of a grandmother does not play fair, and I will not have my hair caught in the crossfire." She added.

"I like it. It makes sense to me." I said with a shrug. She smiled. "Thank you." She said. "There is something I want to discuss with you three." She said as she started on the second to the last braid.

"We're listening," Malik said. "Isaac asked me to help him with Camryn." She said. "Help how?" Pablo asked as he sat next to us. "I suggested having a lunch thing with all of us. So, they can get to know each other without it being weird." She said turning to look at us.

"That sounds like a good idea in theory," I said. "But in practice, I don't think that is such a good idea," Malik said.

"Having lunch with your mate's sister, who happens to be the Queen and her mates who happen to be Kings also," I said. "You don't think that would be a little intimidating?" Pablo questioned.

"I mean it wouldn't just be us. Kat would come. Tyla and your brothers maybe. I don't know. I don't want her thinking she has to do anything she doesn't want to because the Queen told her to." Ahsha said.

"Maybe you should start with a lunch for the ladies then bring in the men," I suggested. "My initial thought in making it a group thing was so you three could also clear the air with Isaac." She said looking at me as Malik and Pablo did also.

"The ladies can have their lunch thing and the men can have their thing," Malik said. "It should be in the same place, just in case," Pablo said glancing at me.

"I don't know why you're acting like you weren't just as bad as I was," I said. "The difference is I'm charming," Pablo said smirking. I guess that was true but fuck that. "Your charm only works on women and some men. Ares may be a little more brutish but that's cause he's the baby." Malik said in an attempt to defend me.

I side-eyed him. "That's fair," Pablo said nodding his head. "What the fuck?" I questioned looking between the two of them. "Who said I was the baby?" I asked.

"Well, you act like the youngest most of the time," Pablo said. "Bullshit," I said which led to us arguing.

It wasn't serious more like brotherly banter. It wasn't until we saw a flash that we stopped and looked at Ahsha. She was smiling. "Did you just take a picture of us?" Malik asked. "I did. This was so cute." She said.

"What was?" I asked. "You three acting like brothers with asinine arguments, so adorable." She said.

"Anyway, I think I like the separate lunch idea." She said standing. "I have to get the dates together." She said typing away on her phone.

"Hey, Semaj." She said with a bright smile. "I need you to check everyone's availability on the list I just sent and find a date that works for everyone." She explained.