Eighty-Five

Malik

Ahsha and I appeared in front of Pablo who sighed as he looked at us. "I—," "Let's go." She snapped at him. "Now." Yeah, she was pissed. He frowned but stood. Before I could blink we were in front of Ares. "What happened?" "We were going to go speak to Oshun, but she turned around. She's pissed." I whispered to Pablo.

"Let's go." "Go where?" Ares barked. Ahsha's eyes began to glow, and I felt the overwhelming need to take cover. "Yeah totally pissed." Pablo nodded his head. "You had the nerve to run out on me when you said just the night before you were on my side. So you're either with me or you're not."

Pablo and I watched them have a stare-down. "Am I supposed to be happy that—," "Are you with me or not?" She cut him off. "Of course I am." "Then let's go." The power that seeped off her was indescribable. "Follow me." She said before taking my hand.

==

"What is this place called?" "I don't know, but it's where I come when I need to speak to Oshun." She explained. Ahsha's eyes began to glow, and she waved her arm. Marius appeared. He dropped to his knees looking a little nauseous.

"Sorry, sorry." She walked over helping him up. He stared down at her looking in awe at the sight of her. "I don't like that look," Pablo whispered while Ares grunted. "Where are we?" "We need to talk." She said once he was back on his feet.

"You can come out now," Ahsha yelled turning her head. We followed seeing Oshun appear. "Who is—," "I am her and we are one." Oshun cut him off. Ahsha's arms crossed and her frown deepened. "When did you know?" "I've always known." Ahsha remained unmoving.

"Why wasn't I told?" "You left before you were supposed to." Ahsha's mouth dropped. "So it's my fault?" "No, but you did choose to come back sooner than we'd like," Oshun said. "Because they needed me."

"I understand that, and I think you made the correct choice, but that doesn't change the fact you left too early and didn't get all of the information you needed." She said. I moved to Ahsha kissing her temple. "It's okay. We're here now. Tell us." I tried my best to calm her.

"It's not okay." Ares barked same as Pablo. "I don't really care if he is your mate. If Fate wanted her with him she should've made it happen earlier. It's too late to add an extra person."

Marius stepped toward Pablo whose eyes blazed at the action. "She's just as much my mate as she is yours. Just because you three met her first doesn't change that. I'm not trying to interfere in the relationship, but I want my mate."

"I don't really care what you want. You need to talk to Fate." They began to devolve into screams as my attention shifted to Ahsha. Her eyes had begun to glow bright and she looked pissed off all over again.

"Shut up." Her voice boomed loudly shaking the earth. We all looked at her. "This is difficult for everyone. No one asked to be in this situation but we're here. You don't get to decide if I accept my mate or not. We are here to figure out what the fuck is going on and you three are arguing and pissing me off isn't helping. If you're not going to be helpful in this situation stand there and be quiet."

Ahsha's eyes scanned over us before she turned back to Oshun. The anger from the four of them grew thick almost suffocating.

"As you were saying." Oshun smiled seemingly pleased at Ahsha's actions. "I made the decision to block Marius's true scent because you needed to focus on the hearing and the mates you already had. I had every intention of telling you, but Denver beat me to it. The reason he was translucent the last time you saw him is because his conception date approaching."

Ahsha looked at Marius and he did the same. "Why four mates? I don't get it." Oshun smiled. "How many families are there?" "Five." The words left my mouth in an instant.