Ten

Malik

I woke up the next day around 5 p.m. and took a shower and brushed my teeth before I walked into the kitchen. I heard talking before I rounded the corner to see my brothers and Alex talking with Dominic. I stood there for a minute or two before they turned to look at me. I looked down at my phone to see my dad calling me. "Yes," I said into the phone looking at them. "Dominic is back." He said. "I know he's here," I mumbled annoyed as I watched Dominic raise an eyebrow. "I want to see both of you now." He said before hanging up. "Dad wants to see us," I said turning and heading to the door. I could hear footsteps behind me as I walked to the elevator.

--

"Why are you back?" My father asked Dominic. "Because of my mate." He said. "Have you seen Ahsha?" My dad asked. "Not physically," Dominic said. My dad wiped his hand over his face before sighing. "Sit down." He said looking at me. I looked at him confused. "What's wrong?" "Because I've never dealt with a situation like you two before I had to call your grandfather. He explained to me that because you were once one person you will, of course, share a mate. However, because you were one person the only way you'll be allowed to mate with Ahsha is if you return back to one person." He said. "What if we don't?" I asked. "You won't be able to have Ahsha in any form. That burning feeling you feel in your chest will stay with you for the rest of your life. So, if you can live with that then fine but if you want a future with her this what it takes." My dad said.

"Fine," I said standing before I walked out.

Ahsha

I woke up covered in sweat in an empty room. I walked into the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror and I was shocked. "Damn," I mumbled touching my face and hair. I looked sick and like I was drugged from how dilated my eyes were. I shook my head before turning on the shower. I brushed my teeth before climbing into the ice-cold shower. I sighed as the coated my body. I closed my eyes just letting the water hit me.

--

I was sitting in a field letting the sun wash over me. "Ahsha?" My head snapped in the direction of the voice to see four women walking towards me. "Hello," I said. "She doesn't know who we are Samantha." One said. "Ahsha, love." My eyes widened when my grandma pushed her way in front of the three women. "Nana," I said standing rushing to hug her. "Oh, I've missed you so much." She said as she hugged me tightly. "I haven't dreamed about you in a while," I mumbled.

"Baby girl this isn't a dream

"Baby girl this isn't a dream. We came to talk to you about Malik." She said. "You know about Malik?" I asked. They all smiled. "Who are they?" I said looking behind her. "These are your grandmothers." I looked from my Nana to the women behind her. "This is my mother, Samantha, and your great-grandmother." Samantha came over and hugged me tightly. "It's so very nice to meet you." She said smiling.

She had an aura around her that oozed confidence and sex appeal. I couldn't help but smile because I could see aspects of my mom. "This is my mother, Charlotte, and your great, great-grandmother." Charlotte brushed a piece of hair behind my ear as tears welled in her eyes. "You look absolutely beautiful." She said before I pulled her into a hug. She kissed my cheek before stepping away. "This is my mother, Marie, and your great, great, great-grandmother." Marie came and stood directly in front of me with a knowing smile. "It's so nice to finally meet you in person." She said. I hugged her tight just enjoying the embrace. I looked at each of them and felt a sense of pride. "We don't have much time." She said as she still hugged me.

"We know you were taken by surprise by this whole mate situation." Grandma Samantha said. "But we need to talk about Malik." My Nana said. "What about him?" I asked. "Tonight he, Ares, and Dominic are going to experience what is known as refusion." Grandma Charlotte said. "Refusion?" I asked. They looked at each other. "Yes." My nana said. "His body will go through such a strong shock that the only way for him to survive is if Ares takes over his body, so he doesn't hurt himself." My eyes widened at the thought of Malik hurting himself.

"Because of the process that will take place, Ares, Malik and Dominic will revert back to their demonic instincts." Grandma Sam said. "What do you want me to do?" I asked. There had to be a reason behind why they were telling me this. "We just came to warn you. When this switch takes place Ares will be on the hunt for one person. You." My heart started racing. "He won't hurt you though just don't run if he comes for you. Try everything to keep him calm and at ease." Grandma Charlotte said. I nodded my head. "Look out for their eyes and they'll be hot to the touch." My nana said. "It's time for us to go." Grandma Marie said hugging me. "We will keep an eye on you and try to guide you as much as we're allowed, okay?" Grandma Charlotte said. "Okay," I said before hugging my nana and grandma Sam.

--

"Ahsha?" I heard what sounded like my mom calling me making me jump. "Yes?" "Are you okay? You've been in the bathroom for nearly an hour." I looked down at my now wrinkly fingers surprised. "I'll be out in a minute," I said turning off the shower. I don't know how I lost track of time that quickly. I wrapped a towel around myself and walked across the hall to my room. I quickly changed before there was another knock on my door. "Yes?" I said swinging the door open seeing Isa and Veronica. "How are you feeling?" He asked. "I'm fine," I said. "Why is she always here?" I asked harsher than intended. "Ahsha can you stop?" Isa asked me. "Ahsha Come downstairs!" My dad called. I stood and headed downstairs only to stop on the last step when I saw both Malik and Dominic. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "We need to talk," Malik said.

"Sure, follow me," I said turning to head back upstairs. "Isa, can you give us some privacy?" I asked. He spoke to both Malik and Dominic before he and Veronica left. "How do you two know each other?" I asked turning to look at them only to see them both holding this hungry look. "He's my little brother in a way," Dominic said while Malik rolled his eye. "In a way? Why are yall here?" I asked. I was still tired and drained from the past couple of weeks. "You said you wanted to know everything. So that's what I'm trying to do." Malik said. "Dominic is the other half of my demon self." I turned to look at them both confused.

Malik

I tried to ignore the pounding that was happening in my head as I looked at Ahsha. Being near her helped but it was growing worse by the second. "I'm not like other demons. I have two, Ares and Dominic," I tried to explain. "Then how is he here right now. Just explain everything slowly." She said.

"Dominic is the pure demonic half of myself. At one point I was such an angry person Dominic completely took over my body. I allowed him to hurt whoever he wanted in any way he wanted. I was numb to the point that death and despair meant nothing to me. I started to love hurting other people until one day Ares had enough and he fought for control of my body and won. Which gave him the chance to get a priestess to perform a separation bond on Dominic and us." She looked from me to Dominic. "Now when it comes to you because we were once one person you are both our mates," Dominic said. Her eyes widened.

"But to be with you Dominic, Ares and I would have to go through a reconjoining of mind and body," I said. "I know," Ahsha said making me look at her curiously. "How do you know?" I asked. "I just do." She said looking at Dominic as his eyes flickered from hazel to red. "You two should get somewhere safe." She said. Dominic walked towards her slowly trapping her against the dresser. "Dominic?" She said softly. "I'll go if you come with me." He said. "Okay." She said.

Follow. Like. Comment. Share.