Twenty

Ahsha

I shot up looking around seeing I was back the field. "Shit." I snapped rubbing my head. "Watch your mouth." I turned to see my grandmothers behind me. My nana pulled me into her arms hugging me as my other grandmothers came up. "It's time." My grandma Marie said. I grabbed my chest feeling a tightness shoot through me. I opened my mouth to speak only for a coughing fit to take over. I began to gasp for air as my coughing got worse. "I... can't... I can't... breathe." I wheezed as I clung to my nana's arm.

She sat me on the ground comforting me as my grandmothers surrounded me. I couldn't speak as my breathing began to constrict. "Shh." My grandma Sam said kneeling next to me. "You're fine." She added. I struggled to nod my head as the lack of air began to make me light-headed. "It's 11:53 p.m." My nana said with a light smile. "When you wake up, you'll feel much better." My grandma Marie said. I clutched my chest as tears leaked down my face. "It...hurts..." I gasped. My grandma Charlotte laid her head on my chest and the pain began to subside. I took several small breaths when I saw a figure standing behind my family. As the figure got closer it became apparent that the figure was a woman. Once her face became clear she smiled down at me.

Malik

"Malik!" Román called. I turned to see some man cradling Ahsha's head. I rushed over to my mate. I looked at the man who was touching my mate. "What did you do?" I barked at the man as Ares seeped through my voice. He looked up at me with this familiar look that I couldn't pinpoint. Our attention turned to our right when we saw Isaac who was sweating profusely and breathing raggedly as he rushed over to us. "What happened—to my—sister?" Isaac struggled to speak. "You need to sit down." I said helping him.

Khalil and Aaron came over to me. "Get everyone out of here. Now!" I ordered before they began clearing out the growing crowd that surrounded us. I turned around just in time to see Isaac's close before he collapsed in my arms. "Shit." I mumbled as I took his suit jacket off and placed it under his head as Veronica kneeled next to him. "What the fuck happened?" I barked. I went to pull Ahsha into my arms only for the unknown man to growl lowly. He closed his eyes taking a breath before he allowed me to take his place. I looked up at him as he stepped back sparing me one last glance before he disappeared into the crowd.

My attention went back to Ahsha. "She's freezing." I said touching her head as my dad came over. "Move." Dalia Oyeyemi said as her and her brother Taj walked over. Dalia leaned down touching Ahsha's chest whispering something to her as Taj did the same with Isaac. They pressed their fingers to their foreheads before they stood backing away telling us to do the same. The first to move was Isaac. A swirl of power wrapped around him before green pops of flames sparked around him. He sat up before his eyes opened. He looked around at everyone stretching before he turned to look at his sister.

My eyes shifted to Ahsha as she began to move. I gasped at the sight. She had literal fire and light coming off her body in waves. I looked over at Dalia and Taj seeing them kneel before her. Ahsha looked from them to my family and hers. I watched as my brothers, Alexander, my parents and her parents kneeled as well. Her gaze shifted over to me as she tilted her head. I felt my chest beat erratically at her stare.