Sixty-three

Not edited

Ahsha

"Quiet!" Taj yelled. "Settle down, everyone." Adrian added.

"You've been fighting for who knows how long to be with men who do not want you. It's embarrassing. " I said drawing everyone's attention. The room slowly went quiet as they looked at me.

"You see that there." I said pointing behind her at Ares, Malik, and Nasir.

"Both my mates seated front and center with our child. You may have had them first, but I can promise if you were to ask them to choose— me or you—I'm not the one whose feelings will be hurt. " I said. Olivia's jaw clenched at my words.

"I also find it very hard to believe that you did all that you have because you want to be queen. Because to an extent queens have to be for the people and as I said you are selfish. The very fact that you faked a pregnancy proves that. So, be honest—if not to any of us then to yourself. Why are you so obsessed with Malik?" I asked. She stared at me the silence washed over the room.

"Why aren't you looking for your mate?" I continued. "Why don't you care about finding him as much as you care about stealing mine?" I asked. "Because!" She yelled.

"Because what?" I snapped back. "Why?" I said. "Why—why—" "Because he rejected me!" She yelled. Gasps and hushed whispers quickly filled the room. "Why would he do that?" Jacob questioned in disbelief. It wasn't often that mates got rejected so for her to be it was huge. Olivia looked down at her hands. "He said he didn't want to be with a woman like me." She said.

"A woman like you? Did he tell you what he meant by that?" Dalia asked confused. "He wanted to live a quiet life away from the royal lifestyle. He didn't want to live his life going to balls. Attending useless meetings to talk about systems that needed to be changed but because so many are corrupt they refuse to change them. Or being forced to entertain the elders who are too old to lead but too selfish to step down. He said my world turned even the kindest of people cold. He didn't want to be apart of something like that." She spoke taking a pause.

"I couldn't give up being royal. It's the only life I've known. I couldn't imagine living in his world and he dreaded living in mine" She said shaking her head. "But if I ever got a second chance to be with him I would but I know that can never happen. He's a girlfriend now, I think. He seems happy and I'm happy for him." She said.

"I'm very sorry you had to experience that," Andy said as his face softened. "Well, at least your mate was smart," I said. "That was a bit harsh," Jacob said looking at me.

"Forgive me, let me clarify." I said looking at Jacob. "6 months ago." I said turning back to Olivia. Her eyes went wide. "Do you remember?" I asked her. my voice was calm. "I—," She froze. "No? Let me jog your memory." I said. "You ran me and Malik off the road. Do you remember now?" I asked her.

"I—," "I was pregnant." I continued. "Ahsha pl—"

"You stole your brother's car making it seem as if he was the one behind the incident. You then proceeded to run me, my unborn child, and mate off the road. And showed no remorse for it when confronted." I said.

"I was just following orders." She blurted out. "Orders?" Adrian questioned. I glanced over at Malik seeing his eyes flash red.

"Who's orders were you following?" Taj asked. Olivia looked at me hesitant to speak. "I can't say." She said. "I'm sure you're very scared of crossing whoever gave you that order. But the only person you should be scared of at this moment is me. Who was it?" I snapped at her. She sat frozen.

"Who was it!" I yelled slamming my hand on the desk causing everyone around the room to jump. She began to cry and shake her head. "It was Mira." She finally said between her sobs. Gasps rang out across the room before loud talking erupted. "Quiet!" Isa yelled.