Seventy-seven

Ahsha

I had to be at the estate fairly early to meet with my grandmothers. I walked into the room seeing them waiting for me. Nas was with me and upon seeing me and him, they smiled. Charlotte took my baby as I hugged everyone. "You called this meeting, so?" Nana said. "Malik and Pablo are still in separate bodies," I said. I checked this morning and they in fact were still separated. "They are," Abeba said unsurprised. "Is there a question?" Marie asked equally unsurprised.

"Is Pablo going back into Malik's body?" I asked. "Is that what they want?" Sam asked. "Pablo does kind of, but Malik doesn't." "Really? That is not the answer I expected." Nana said. I nodded my head. "Yeah, Malik thinks it would only be fair if Pablo has his own body considering he's lived separately far longer than he hasn't. And Pablo wants to because he's worried without him or Ares it would leave Malik vulnerable." I explained. Charlotte snorted. "Malik vulnerable? That's funny." She said.

"Why?" I asked. "How I separated Pablo and Malik allows for Malik to still be tapped into Pablo's power—," "Not to mention they all have access to a small portion of your power," Nana said. "Has he not been showing signs of still having powers?" Abeba asked.

"I mean his eyes started glowing, but I didn't know they were still connected. Are you saying they could stay like this without any consequences or drawbacks down the line?" I asked. "That all depends on the outcome of your hearing," Abeba said with a kind smile. I clenched my jaw at that. I knew Abeba meant well, and her experiences shaped her perception of things. Because she had her mate stolen from her she couldn't fathom what my mates did.

"Even after hearing everything—," "Your mates' story was very sad but that does not negate what they did," Abeba said. "I see," "Then I request Grandpa Asir to be there," I said. Abeba's lip twitched at my petition. "Your grandfather does not—," "He's a royal also. He's an ancestor also. It's obvious you have your mind made up, so I think it's only fair." I said. Abeba looked at me amused.

"Very well then. Asir will be there." She said. I nodded my head. Nana, Charlotte, and Sam all laughed softly. "What?" I asked. "You act so much like Asir at times," Marie said. I smiled. "That's my dog," I said making Nana hunch over with laughter. "That's my baby." She said hugging me.

"I also want Dad and Imam there," I said. Marie looked at me irritation written all over her face. "Why Imam?" She questioned. "As much as I know about my mates I wasn't there. The reason behind why Mira did what she did should be there." I paused. "I mean honestly would we even be in this situation if not for Imam, Mira, and well you," I said looking Marie in the eyes.

"Oop," Nana said. "No disrespect of course," I said. "She does make a fair argument. I suppose. Any more requests?" Abeba asked. "My mates—I kind of made a promise that if I were to leave they could join me," I said sheepishly. "And they have been to the ancestral world before—," "They can come but their powers cannot," Abeba said. I nodded my head.

==

The door opened to reveal Malik, Pablo, and Ares. "You left," Malik said. "Without waking us," Ares added. "And you took Nasir." Pablo finished. "I had to get here early, and I tried to leave without the baby, but he was awake, so I brought him with me," I said. "That doesn't explain why you didn't wake us," Ares said.

"Because it was early. I did tell you each goodbye, but you were asleep." I said with a smile. Pablo broke first walking to me. He kissed my forehead. "Don't do it again." He said. I realized now I probably should've sent a text, but I was distracted and busy until about 20 minutes ago.

Ares joined us, staring down at me. "A text next time would be nice." He said. I smiled. "I agree and that was my bad." I conceded. He gave me a nod before kissing me. My eyes went to Malik, and he looked a lot more tense as opposed to his brothers. He made his way to me. "I would like to be woken up if you need to leave or take Nasir with you." He said. I nodded my head.