Five

Ahsha

I was standing at my door in shock. "Ahsha we need to talk," Isa said coming out of his room. "Not now," I said about to walk off. "11:53." He said. I froze turning to look at my brother. "You can't call time of birth." I snapped. "I can when you're ignoring me. Now talk to me." He said. I sighed walking over to the kitchen. "Why are you so mad at me? What did I do?" He asked. "Nothing. I've just been annoyed since we got here. Then that Veronica girl pissed me off." I paused. "So many things have changed so quickly. I'm sorry for being rude to you. I'm just angry about not being able to control my surroundings." I said.

"You don't think I'm mad too. Everything was falling into place at home and now we're here. You and Nuri are the only people who have stayed constant. So don't go switching up on me now and fuck that girl I checked her when you left." I laughed. "I don't know what her problem was, but nobody comes for my twin." He said. "Thank you, Isa," I said. "We good?" He asked. "Yeah, we're good," I said. "Did you show mama your dresses?" He asked. I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, and she hated it as expected." I shrugged. "Same with my tuxes. I told her if she didn't like them then I didn't have to go." I laughed. "And of course, that's not happening," I said as we laughed.

We continued to talk until we heard a loud bang. "What the hell was that?" I asked. "Ahsh we're black. We didn't hear anything." Isa said. I shook my head as I laughed. "You're right," I said.

~

I walked into my room and took a shower before I crawled into bed. I was slowly drifting off to sleep when Isa came bursting into my room. "Ahsha!! Door!!" Isa yelled. I groaned as I got up to see who was here. "Hey, Cairo," I said confused. "Hey Ahsha, I know it's late but I was wondering if you could talk to my brother?" Cairo asked holding his phone up. "What? Why?" I asked confused. "I can't explain it but I need you to talk to him." He said holding his phone up. He looked like he was really worried. "Um, why can't he just come talk to me. It's not like he doesn't stay next door." I said sarcastically with an eye roll. "He can't but it's really important, please?" He asked. I sighed. "Okay," I said grabbing the phone. "Hello?" I said.

Omniscient

"What's wrong?" Cairo and Alexander said as they came rushing into Malik's room. He turned and looked at them as a low growl left his lips. "Shit," Alex said. "Take a breath," Cairo said as he tried to calm his brother down. Malik took a breath but all he could smell was his mate's sweet scent. "I. Want. Her." Malik growled out as he closed his eyes. "Who? Who is her?" Cairo asked. Malik fell silent as he looked at them. Alex furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at his friend. "You found your mate," Alex said looking at Malik. Cairo looked at him with wide eyes. "What? Why didn't you tell us?" He asked but Malik stayed quiet trying to focus his breath in an attempt not to let his inner demon out.

"When did you find her?" Alex asked worriedly. "A couple of days ago," Malik grumbled. "Malik the longer you go without marking your mate the more your demon will try to gain control to take matters into his own hands," Alex said. Malik had completely forgotten about that. "And with your demon, the time frame might be shorter," Cairo said. Malik's head dropped in his hand before he looked up. "Oh shit," Cairo said wiping his hand over his face. "Move." Malik's demon, Ares said in an unearthly voice. "Who is your mate? Maybe we could get one of the guys to ..." Alex began to suggest before Tyla spoke. "What's happening?" Tyla asked concerned as Jericho stood behind her.

"He found his mate and Ares is about to lose it," Cairo explained. "It's Ahsha isn't it?" Tyla asked making Ares's head snap to her. He cracked his neck a sly smile graced his lips. "Yes, she is my mate," Ares said. "And I want her now!" He bellowed. "We can't let you do that," Jericho said only making Ares anger grow. He stared Jericho down making him clutch his throat as he dropped to his knees. "Ares stop!" Cairo yelled but Ares just continued to stare him down. "Okay, Ares maybe we could get you a phone call with her. How about that?" Tyla asked.

Ares reluctantly looked at her examining her. "I want her here, now." He said instead. "We can't." She started only for him to growl. "Because if she were to see you like this it would scare her and push her away from the both of." Tyla explained. "Do we have a deal?" She asked. He stared at her a while longer. "Yes."

"Cairo go." Tyla said shooing him away. Cairo rushed out of the room. In a matter of minutes, Tyla's phone began to ring. "Hey, Cairo." Ahsha voice rang through the speaker. "Hey Ahsha, I know it's late but I was wondering if you could talk to my brother?" Cairo asked. "What? Why?" She asked confused. "I can't explain it but I need you to talk to him." Cairo urged. "Um, why can't he just come talk to me. It's not like he doesn't stay next door." Ahsha asked making Ares chuckle before he looked at Tyla who shook her head. "He can't but it's really important, please?" Cairo insisted. Ahsha sighed. "Okay." She said hesitantly. "Hello?" Ahsha said directly into the phone.

"Malik?" She called. "Hello Ahsha." Ares said. A small gasp rang out through the speaker. "Malik are you okay?" She asked worried. Ares closed his eyes and took a breath. "I'm good." Malik said gaining control of his body. "Are you sure?" She asked. "Yes, I'm sure." He said. "So... what did you want to talk about?" She asked unsure making him chuckle. He grabbed the phone from Tyla mouthing thank you as he went into his room. "We are fucked." Tyla said. "Why?" Cairo asked as he came back. "The night of the ball is the blood moon." Jericho said. "Shit." Alex said. "I still don't get it." Cairo said. "His demon will have full control over him then. Which means he will be on the hunt for Ahsha." Jericho said. "Oh shit." Cairo said.

Malik

It was going on 11 p.m. and Ahsha and I were still on the phone. "Aye not too much on my state," Ahsha said making me laugh. "I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I actually find the accents intriguing." I said meaning her accent. I got up and walked out on to the balcony. "Are you outside?" She asked. "Yeah, I needed some air," I said. The line went quiet for a while, but I could hear movement then the door her room open. "What was up with you earlier?" Ahsha said standing in front of me. "Hi," I said. She stared up at me with her arms crossed. "I..." I trailed before I waved my hand causing her to collapse in my arms.

I scooped her up and carried her to her room. I laid her down and looked at her for a minute before I kissed her forehead. I slipped my shirt off and eased it over her head and watched as a peaceful look came over her face. I gave her one last look before I headed to my room.