Four

Ahsha

"So you two are dating?" I asked Tyla and Cairo. "Yeah, we've been together forever now," Cairo said looking at her with love and admiration. "Hello." This redhead said walking up to Isa. "Isaac, Ahsha this is my cousin Veronica." Tyla said. Isaac smiled waving at her. She gave him a sweet smile before she looked at me. Her face was smiling but her eyes definitely said something else. I shook my head and turned back towards Tyla and Cairo to see them talking with a man.

He turned and looked at me and my eyes widened in shock. It was the man from the lobby. "It's you," I said as he smiled. He chuckled holding his hand out. "And it's you." He said smiling. "You two know each other?" Cairo asked. "We ran into each other the other day at the hotel." He said. "It's nice to see you again." He said with a smile.

"This is my brother Malik," Cairo said. "Whatever he's told you about me is a lie unless it was good," Malik said with an adorable smile. I laughed shaking my head. "Wow," I said. "That was unbelievably corny," Alex said shaking his head only making me laugh more. "I didn't catch your name though," Malik said staring into my eyes. "Ahsha," I said holding my hand out. He grabbed it and kissed the back of it before looking up into my eyes. "Ahsha, that is a very beautiful name." He said smiling.

My legs damn near gave out when he said my name slowly. Then it happened again, his once green eyes flickered between green and black. "Malik, Ahsha and her brother are from America," Tyla said breaking our little stare down. "America?" He asked. "Yeah Texas to be specific," I said. "Actually, its Dallas to be specific," Isa said finally joining the conversation as he leaned on my shoulder. "So what is there to do out here. My sister and I have a couple of weeks before we start classes and we're not trying to be bored." Isa said looking at the group of people.

"How old are you two?" Veronica asked. "17," Isa said. "You're babies." She said which made us look at them confused. "How old are yall?" I asked. Tyla smiled and looked at Cairo. "I love their accents. Yall." She sang sounding funny which made us laugh. "Well, we just turned 19," Tyla said gesturing between her and Cairo once she stopped laughing. "I'm 18," Veronica said. "I'm 20," Jericho said. "21." Alex chimed in as he looked at his phone. I looked at Malik waiting for his answer. "I'm 21, also." He said. "Damn yall old as hell," Isa said making us all laugh. "How about we go hang out inside?" Malik suggested.

Malik

I had to come to find out that Isaac was very blunt but very funny and he and Cairo were damn near the same person. My laughter calmed down Isaac and Cairo debate to see that Ahsha was nowhere to be found. I got up to look for her only to find her walking towards the hall of family portraits. I followed her to see she was looking at some of my older family members. "That's my great-great-great grandfather," I said walking up behind her. She jumped as she turned looking up at me. I tried to hide my laughter. "I didn't mean to scare you," I said as my laughter died down to a chuckle. "It's not funny." She said with a playful eye roll.

"Malik who is this?" My mom said interrupting us. "This is Ahsha. Ali and Mia's daughter." I said. "Oh, it's nice to meet you. I'm Malik's mother, Emilia." My mom said with a bright smile. "It's nice to meet you as well." Ahsha smiled. "I'll let you two finish, talking then." She said. "She's cute." She barely whispered which caused Ahsha to laugh. "Wow," I said shaking my head. "Your mom is funny." She said with a smile. I couldn't help but stare at her as she laughed.

"Can I ask you something?" She asked. "Sure." I said. "Your eyes...." I stared into her eyes causing her to stop mid-sentence. I took a step closer to her. "Yes?" I asked. "Nothing." She said shaking her head before walking around me. I turned watching as she walked over to her little sister.

Ahsha

"Did you have fun Nunu?" I asked as Nuri came running over to me wrapping her arms around me. "Uh-huh. Uh-huh. Daddy said there's going to be a ball." She sang happily. "A ball?" I asked looking at my parents. "Malik is taking over his father's business. So they're kind of having a  week of events that will lead up to a passing of the torch ceremony and we got invited." My dad said. "Which means we need to go shopping." My mom cheered.