Seventy

Omniscient

Isaac stood slamming his hands on the desk sending an echo throughout the room quieting everyone. Gasps broke the silence as everyone saw Anansi staring back. "You killed my dad," Anansi growled. Although Ali was trying to keep a brave face you could smell his fear. "And you almost killed me." He added before Ali wheezed. He scratched his neck feeling an invisible pressure restricting his breathing.

While all eyes were on Anansi, Malik, and Ares were looking at Ahsha. They expected to feel her rage through their bond, but they didn't. She was calm. Her breathing was even. There was no hint of anger that either of them could see or feel.

Anansi jumped over the desk causing screams to break out as several guards tried to restrain him. Yelling filled the room as chaos broke out. "Isaac stop!" Mia yelled at her son. "Please, Isaac! Don't!" Nuri could be heard yelling. Even with everything going on Malik and Ares couldn't look away from Ahsha. "Look at her eyes," Pablo whispered. "Red? Her eyes can turn red now." Ares said in disbelief.

Ahsha rose to her feet calmly. "Sit down." Her voice sent a wave throughout the room stilling everyone. All eyes fell on her. All members of the Oyeyemi fell to their knees bowing which caused everyone to follow suit, except for Anansi, Malik, and Ares. "Anansi—," "That bastard killed our dad. He almost killed me! He manipulated our mother. All while pretending to be some type of father." Anansi snapped. "I know," Ahsha said. "But for true justice to be served you can't kill him." She spoke with a calm and steady tone. They stared at each having a silent conversation before Anansi yielded. He turned back to Ali who was sucking in huge gulps of air.

Isaac's natural soft brown eyes came back as he looked at his sister. He gave a small bow before going back to his seat. "Let's continue," Ahsha said. A door to the right opened revealing Olujimi who smiled amused. "Your highness." He said bowing. "How can I be of assistance?" He asked. "You see the man struggling to breathe?" Ahsha asked. Olujimi looked at Ali nodding his head. "Yes." He said.

"He killed our father and almost killed my brother," Ahsha spoke. Olujimi whistled in surprise. "Now why would you want to do something like that?" He asked. "Because he murdered his mate," Ahsha said. "That's not good. The elders are going to be very upset." Olujimi said as his flames intensified. "Exactly. Which is why killing your mate is punishable by death." Ahsha said.

"However, I think death is too easy for him, given the heinous acts that were committed. Wouldn't you agree?" She asked Olujimi who perked up at her words. He nodded his head.
"What did you have in mind?" He asked. Ahsha leaned forward. "A life for a life, or rather two." She said. Ali's eyes widened at her suggestion. "You said you would show mercy if I answered your questions. You can't do that!" He yelled. Ahsha turned her head looking at him before he dropped to his knees clutching his chest. She stared at him listening to him scream. "I can't? Come stop me." She said.

Malik glanced over at his brother seeing him smirk at the sight. Ares looked at his brother. "What? That was very attractive." Ares said with a quiet chuckle. Malik shook his head amused but remained quiet. 'He does have a point.' Pablo added. Malik struggled to stifle his laughter. Ahsha released Ali before looking at Olujimi. "Can you do that? If the people in question want to come back of course." She asked already knowing the answer. "I can." He said before he motioned the guards to open the door he came out of. An almost carbon copy of Mia revealed herself. Ali looked at his mate frozen. "Jamila?" He called. She looked at him, her eyes going wide at the sight. "You bastard!" She yelled as she went to charge at him but was caught by a guard. A string of curses left her lips.

"Enough." Olujimi snapped silencing her. "The queen would like to speak." He said turning to Ahsha. "Hello, Jamila." She said. Jamila looked up at her. "Who are you? Why am I here?" She asked. "Your life was unjustly taken by Ali, same thing happened to my father, the man to your left," Ahsha explained. Jamila nodded her head understanding. "That stupid fucking—" "Jamila please," Ali called. "Don't speak to me!" She yelled.