Fourteen

Ahsha

I looked at him. "What?" I asked. "I had a dream about her the night before the ball. She appeared with the past three generations of our grandmothers. I couldn't believe it at first. I thought I was just having a dream because I was so stressed until it happened several more times. They told me that I was destined to be with Veronica and although she is a demon, we would bring light to each-others life that we had never experienced before." I listened intently as he spoke. "Is that why you've just been so willing to accept all of this?" I asked. He nodded his head. "I figured if I was dreaming or getting visions about them telling me to do this, there had to be a reason why. So, I've tried to look at all of this as if our grandmothers are trying to guide us in the right direction." I looked at my toes before I spoke. "How many times have you seen them?" I asked. "4 or 5 times. What about you?" he asked. "I've only seen them twice and the second time I only saw nana and grandma Marie." I paused. "But during the second time, there was someone else... Dominic." I said.

"Dominic?" he asked sitting up. "Yeah, then grandma Marie turned into this 20 something-year-old version of herself. He was trying to warn me about something, but Grandma Marie said he couldn't because it would change to the future too much." I said looking at my brother. "Then there's the talk about the whole mating business. I was finally getting on board with this new life and now the possibility of falling into a coma to be with my 'mate'." I said using air quotes. "I hear you. After you left, they said because I'm human when Veronica and I mate I'll become horribly sick but the more I've gotten to know Veronica the more I'm willing to go through with it." He said staring at the ceiling. "Maybe if you got to know Malik, spent time with him the idea of mating wouldn't feel so scary.

I looked at him surprised, but I stayed quiet as I thought about his words.

Omniscient

Almost months had passed and during that time Ahsha and Malik grew close very quickly. Ahsha had finally begun to open up to Malik which in turn had helped their relationship blossom. Although Malik and Ahsha's relationship was blossoming after Malik's conversation with his grandfather he tried to keep her close while also keep her at a distance. All while trying to know Ahsha, Malik hadn't noticed the change that had begun to take place between Dominic and Ares.

Malik

"Why do you like this show?" I asked Ahsha and I watched what had to be the eighth episode of Law and Order: SVU. "Because it's a good show." She said. "If you say so," I said as she pressed closer into me. I honestly didn't care what show we watched just being here with her was enough for me. My phone started ringing and I looked to see it was my father. "My father's calling," I said sighing. "You can answer it." She said as she sat up. I pulled her back against me as I answered the phone.

"Yes?" I said into the phone. "It's been two months. It's time for you to step up." He said causing me to sigh again. Ahsha glanced up at me but stayed quiet.  I moved the phone from my mouth before looking at her. "I'll be back," I said kissing her forehead. I stepped out on to my balcony before continuing my conversation. "I understand what you're saying but she isn't ready and I'm not going to force her," I said. "The full moon is next week. If you haven't mated by then you know what will happen." He said. I sighed pinching the bridge of my nose. "Of course, there's a full moon," I mumbled.

"I'll talk to her about it," I said. "Also, I know you've been trying to build a relationship with Ahsha, but you can't keep putting off your new responsibilities. You're in charge now." He said. "Yes, sir," I said before we said our goodbyes and hung up. "How much did you hear?" I asked looking out at the distance. "Enough to know you were talking about me, so what's up?" Ahsha asked. I turned and looked at her. "As you know during the red moon, I took over my father's business. However, my father has been giving me time to be with you and develop our relationship." I paused. "But seeing as how there's a full moon—" "Full moon?" She asked as she took a seat on the couch. "It's similar to the blood moon where Ares will be in control of my body. However, unlike last time I won't be able to reel him back if he goes too far." I said.