Seventy-five

Ahsha

I entered the room silent as I looked at the three of them. They were each spread across the room lost deep in their thoughts. Pablo sat on what appeared to be a very large chest. Ares leaned against a dresser arms folded. Malik was seated in a chair head down picking at his rings. "I'm here," I said softly. Their bodies tensed but no one moved. "I'm not going anywhere." I continued. They didn't look at me. I sighed softly.

"Please say something," I called. "We're not upset." Pablo said. "You all seem upset." I countered. "Talking about your death isn't easy but we're not upset. You're back and we know you'd never leave us like that purposely." Ares said. "Malik?" I called. "I'm okay, habibata." He said. "So, we're good?" I asked only for Pablo and Ares to look at Malik.

"What is it?" I questioned. "Nothing." Malik said. Ares huffed rolling his eyes. "What happened?" I questioned with urgency in my voice. "When you were gone Malik was mad at you." Pablo said. I looked back at Malik who was staring at me his eyes a sultry deep shade of green.

I knew he was hurt. I could feel his hurt so deeply, it saddened me. "Malik." I said his name gently. "You can be honest with me. I can take it." I told him. He hesitated. "I was mad at you," Malik spoke.

"I was completely and utterly pissed that you left us, just when we were getting our shit together. It's why I blocked your attempts to see me." He confessed. I knew he was angry, and I knew that's why he blocked me. However, I also understood when I confronted him earlier about it he wasn't ready to admit that to me.

"So, you missed me, but you didn't want to see me. That makes total sense." I chided. Although I understood his feelings it wasn't lost on me that my feelings were hurt too. "I didn't think you deserved to see me after you abandoned me," He spoke calmly "I didn't abandon—," Ares and Pablo stopped me pulling me back.

"I know you didn't, but in the moments after the call went silent; after your mark was etched into my skin, after having to go get our son and look at his little face, your twin. I felt abandoned." He said as his voice deepened. He paused sighing. "I—I'm still a little mad at you." He admitted.

He stood almost seeming to have grown in height and mass. I looked up at him stunned not only at his appearance or at his words but at the heat that consumed me. I was expecting sadness or despair, but all I felt was a deep, deep, lustful, ache spread over me. "I was sad that you were gone. I was angry. I was numb even. As were my brothers." He said as deep throbbing filled my lower half. "You're still mad at me?" I nearly whispered.

"I know you had to do it. I get that but we weren't prepared and it happened amidst all the craziness going on. I wanted you to come back, obviously, I wanted you to come back so that I could show you what your absence did to me—to us." He motioned to his brothers. "Are you two mad at me too?" I asked.

"I think the anger Malik is feeling is heightened by his lack of being with you. You've only been back for 3 weeks, and you have to admit we haven't gotten any true alone time with you." Pablo said.

"And we're not just talking about sex. We used to sit down and watch movies and shows with you. We would lay in bed, and we'd talk for hours. Since you've been back you've been mostly in queen mode and mom mode. Which we get. Nasir is your baby, and he needs you but so do we." Ares said cupping my cheek. I could admit I was a little distracted.

I felt guilty. "Don't do that." Malik said. "Like you said we have to show each other some grace. It's just I can't do that right now." He said and I stared at him speechless. "Excuse me? I've given all of you grace and—," He cut me off with a kiss. He only let me go to catch my breath.

I looked at Ares seeing him chuckle. "You're not used to this Malik. He's always been the tamer one where you come in." Ares teased. "I can't move past this, not until I've properly shown you what your absence did to me." Malik said.