Eighty-four

Pablo

"This was not a good idea." "Why not? I find it rather funny." Ares said. "Her mother hates us." Malik reminded him. "Who cares what she thinks? Now her dad and her twin. Their opinions I'd be concerned about." "Her brother hates you." Ares scoffed. "Still?"

"Why did she invite our parents?" I asked. "I didn't. There must've been a mix-up somewhere." We turned to see our pouting mate and smiling son. "Stop frowning. Remember you are the queen. All of these guards will gladly deal with any unruly family." Malik said. She nodded before looking at Nasir when the overwhelming desire to play catch hit me.

Ares chuckled. "Was that his emotion or yours?" "His. My sweet pea is getting so big. He can project the tiniest bit of his emotions to you now." She said pressing her cheek against his. "Threatening to toss your grandparents across the room is not very sweet," Malik said. "I like it." Ares smiled. Nasir looked up at us poking his bottom lip out. I took him into my arms. "You're fine," I said kissing his cheek. "Hello." I smiled.

"Mom." Malik and I both said kissing her cheek affectionately. "Mother." Ares nodded his head. She smiled at him. "It's so good to see you three. Although I'm a little confused about what is going on." "We'll explain everything over lunch," Malik assured her. She smiled once more before turning her attention to Nasir.

"He looks so much like Malik," Malik smirked. Mom looked at Ares before saying. "I wanted to ask this earlier, your face—you look so much like—," "Granddad. I chose this face based on your side of the family." She looked as if she wanted to say more but decided against that.

"Well, we're all here. Get on with it." Our father barked. Ares and Malik both grabbed Ahsha while I turned Nasir away upon seeing gold pool within his eyes. "No," I said to him. "We're not going to hurt the old man. Not right now at least." As if truly understanding what I said he pouted.

I chuckled. "I'm not going to touch him." "That's not helping your case," Malik said. "As much as I'd love for you to surprise us we're supposed to be helping your brother. And as you put it getting to know Gabriela and Marius." Ares said. Malik cupped her face and stared at her before she laughed. "Fine." She said turning back to our family. Malik and Ares stood behind her protectively.

"To be completely honest this was not supposed to be a family lunch, but I'm happy to see most of you." She said. "With the hearing being a few weeks ago, I wanted to give us some time to discuss any issues or opinions I'm sure you have. While also getting to know each other. However, watch how you speak to me and my mates. I have a very, and I do mean very low patience for some of you. I will do my best to be respectful in return and as honest as I can be." She specified looking at Rafi.

==

"Where did our dad go?" Nuri asked. We were all seated at a long table when she asked her question. "He has been banished. Which simply means he lives life in the forgotten place, where life and death meet. He can't pass on and he can't come back—not without some assistance, he's stuck."

"And you sent him there because he killed your dad and almost killed Isa?" Ahsha nodded her head. "Yes." Nuri then looked at Bastien. "So does that mean you're our dad now? Like how our dad became their dad." Bastien glanced at Isaac and Ahsha with sympathy in his eyes.

"If that is what you want I will be. I'm not here to force any title on you. If you'd prefer I be Bastien then that's okay too." Isaac looked away and Ahsha glanced up, so I grabbed her hand bringing it to my lips. She looked at me and gave me a soft smile.

"I've heard stories about you, and I've seen videos. I know Ahsha and Isa love you very much and think you're an amazing dad, but I'm not ready to call you that." Bastien nodded his head. "And that's fine. You can call me Bastien or Bas, whichever you're comfortable with." Nuri gave him a small smile and a nod.