Forty-nine

Omniscient

After getting Nasir to sleep Ahsha walked downstairs and laid on the couch turning the tv on. She stared absentmindedly at the tv as her thoughts began to wander. Soon enough her eyes grew heavy before her body relaxed completely and she fell asleep.

--

Ahsha stared wide-eyed as Malik stood over Ares after delivering a severe blow to his face and chest. Ares struggled to reach his knees as he coughed up some blood-spitting it out. "Please stop Malik! Please!" She begged.

Malik glanced at her no words leaving his lips before his gaze turned back to Ares. "He's your brother! You can stop this before you go too far! If not for his sake, then for mine!" Ahsha called.

Malik froze in his step staring down at Ares who had yet to retaliate. Ares raised his head to speak but stopped when Mira walked out of the shadows standing next to Malik. She glanced at Ahsha and smirked. "See he's turned your mate against you," Mira said to Malik.

"He wants to steal her from you." Mira spat as she circled the two brothers. "He's going to take your son and you'll never see them again. You'll be all alone." She said as she stood behind Ares gripping his shoulders. Malik's body tensed at her words. "Mine," Malik growled.

"She's lying!" Ahsha said but her words went unnoticed. "You have to put him down or you will lose everything," Mira said. Malik's eyes began to glow a vibrant red before the wind picked up.

Ahsha watched holding her breath as Malik walked towards Ares wrapping his arm around his neck. "Promise me you'll take care of them," Ares said. "I will," Malik said as the two of them stared at Ahsha as she tried to get to them.

Everything slowed as Ahsha watched Ares's eyes widen before his body went slack. Malik dropped his arms letting Ares fall to the ground.

Malik looked up at Ahsha as her eyes went down to his bloody hand. Her body was frozen in place as Malik walked towards her. "Now you are only mine." He said coldly before walking around her into the darkness.

Ahsha stared at Ares's lifeless body before Mira walked over to him. She looked at Ahsha smiling as she grabbed his arm disappearing with the body. Ahsha began to shake uncontrollably as panic rose in her body.

Her eyes darted everywhere as her breathing picked up before she let out an ear-piercing scream.

--

Ahsha shot up from the couch tears running down her face as Malik quickly rushed into the living room holding Nasir. "Ahsha are you okay? What happened?" He asked examining her.

She couldn't speak her mind and body still too shaken up from her dream. He sat down next to her being careful not to move too quickly. "Tell me what you need." He said. She turned and all she could do was hug him as she tried to get her bearings.

Malik

"Have you heard anything?" I asked my grandfather. "No," he said. I dropped my head in my hand. "These things take time." He added. "Ahsha's having nightmares," I said. "About what?" My grandfather asked. "Losing Pablo, Ares, or me. She said they're all similar but the person who dies is always different." I explained.

I shook my head. "We didn't fuck this up, did we? We didn't just kill Ares permanently." I asked. "Ares is coming back. The same way Pablo did. Ares would never leave her, and you know that. He's coming back." He explained.

"Besides look how long it took Pablo to reveal himself. It's only been a little under a month." He added. I sighed. 'He has a point. It took me a few months.' Pablo said.