Fifty

Omniscient

Mira bowed her head before Olujimi the bearer of gifts and curses. "I see you've held up your end of the deal." Olujimi said. "Yes, I did what you asked."  Mira said. "Very well then. You may keep you powers and your life." He spoke as he stood towering over her.

"Thank you. Thank you." Mira repeated graciously. He hummed. "Consider your debt cleared. You may go now." Olujimi said. Mira repeatedly bowed her head as she backed out of the room.

Once she was out of his sight she quickly ran as fast as her feet would carry her. Olujimi sat back in his chair. "Hello Fate." He said raising his head to meet hers.

"Olujimi." She said with the slight nod of her head. "She believes her debt is paid off." He said. "Good. Everything seems to going as planned." Fate said. "So it seems." He said. "Can I ask you something?" Fate questioned.

"Go on." Olujimi said. "Unlike most beings my powers have very little affect on you. When I explained the situation you could've made the decision to take Ares's spirit but you didn't. Why?" She asked. He chuckled.

"I find this new story far more interesting. There are so many possibilities to how this story could end. Call me invested now." He said.

"I see." Fate said. "Especially with what's to come from a descendant of Marie Desrosiers. I expect quite the show." He laughed loudly.

Ahsha

I stood staring at myself in the mirror as my fingers danced over the satin

I stood staring at myself in the mirror as my fingers danced over the satin. Emilia had called to remind me about my dress fitting. I told her I wasn't even sure there was going to be a wedding so there was no reason for a fitting.

However, a couple of days had passed before I found myself standing in front of the dress shop. "You look very beautiful, Miss. Ahsha." The seamstress, Aida said. "Thank you and please just call me Ahsha." I said with a soft smile.

She smiled.

My eyes went back to the mirror before falling on my mark. Ever since the night I had Nasir it bad been warm to the touch and sensitive.

As the weeks had past the sensations only intensified and at this point, I was too scared to find out what was going on. "My word. You look stunning." I looked up into the mirror seeing Mira, Emilia, and my mother.

"What are you three doing here?" I asked. "I got a call that you had come in for your fitting so we came to make sure everything was running smoothly." Emilia said smiling as she began speaking with Aida about my dress.

I stared at Emilia for a moment. Seeing how oblivious she was to the tension in room made me realize how she could be oblivious with her own kids.

Emilia and Aida walked off to discuss hem lengths as Aida's assistants continued with the fitting. "You look beautiful, Ahsha." My mother said. "Thank you." I said.