Thirty-seven

Ares

There was a rumor that you were seen running around with one of the Pereiras

The words played in my head for the remainder of the day and into the next morning. I had heard the rumors too, but I knew Aaron and Khalil were always with her.

I found myself downstairs in my office staring at my laptop before I called Khalil. "Sir." He said once he picked up. "6 months ago, was Ahsha with Pablo?" I asked. The line went quiet. "Sir—" "That is a yes or no question," I spoke. Silence took over once again. "Yes, she was." He spoke.

I turned to look out the window at the gardeners as they planted some of Ahsha's favorite flowers. "Were they—" I paused closing my eyes. "She was sleeping with him correct," I stated. "Yes, sir," Khalil spoke. "I see," I said before hanging up.

I squeezed my phone in my hand as rage consumed me before I could think I had launched my phone at the wall watching it crumble into pieces. I leaned on my desk taking deep breaths.

I could feel Malik stir but I spoke first. "You cannot save her," I said as I grabbed my desk phone. "Sir," Adam said through the speaker. "Tell Ahsha to get dressed and have her waiting in the car for me," I told him. "Yes, sir." He said.

I hung up dialing Aaron waiting for him to pick up. "Yes, sir." He answered. "I want Pablo moved to room 3 and heavily restrained," I said. "Sir?" He questioned confused. "Do not question me. Just do it, now." I ordered. "Yes, sir." He said. "Also find Isaac Saleem. I want him put in room 4." I ordered before I hung up my phone. 'Don't do this.' Malik stated. "She betrayed us. She betrayed me." I told him. "I'm going to break her. I don't care how painful it has to be. She will learn that she is mine." I said as I pulled out a spare phone.

--

I sat in the backseat of the car in deep thought. I could feel Ahsha's eyes on me every couple of minutes. "Ares—" "Be quiet." I barked out at her. She fell silent as we continued on our way.

I looked at her seeing her look out the window fidgeting with her fingers. I watched as realization washed over her face as we got closer to the tombs. Her eyes widened before she turned to look at me. "What did you do?" she whispered. I stared at her no words or emotions coming from me as I looked at her. I scoffed.

What did I do? I turned looking away from her. 15 minutes later we pulled up to the building. I climbed out of the car round the vehicle waiting for Ahsha to get out.

When she had yet to move, I turned to look at her. "Get out of the car," I said coldly. "Ares, pl—" "Get out of the car. I won't say it a third time." I said looking into her eyes.

She hesitantly got out of the car and I grabbed her arm pulling her along. Once we were inside, I motioned for my men to lock the doors.

I turned and looked at her as she coddled her belly. "What did I tell you?" I asked her. "What?" she questioned. I could practically see the fear beginning to race through her body. "What did I tell you?" I repeated the question. "I don't—"