Thirty-two

Ahsha

I stared at the window listen as Malik tried to be as quiet as possible as to not wake me. I heard his footsteps get closer to me, so I closed my eyes. I felt his shadow fall over me. I tried to remain calm so he would think I was sleeping. I felt the bed dip before his finger danced across my cheek. He sighed softly. "'Ahbak ya 'Ahsha." He whispered. He kissed my temple gently. A minute or two passed before I felt him get up. Soon after I heard the bedroom door close. I quietly got out of bed and walked to the window watching Malik walk and get into a waiting car. I quickly got ready for the day. I went and checked on my dogs before grabbing my keys and heading for the door. I swung the door open to see an older man standing there. "Oh—um hello," I said awkwardly. I couldn't lie the mystery older man was attractive, but his eyes were terrifying. They were dark and held something sinister behind them. "Can I help you with something?" I asked.

"You look exactly like your grandmother." The man said. "Excuse me?" I questioned. "Who are you?" I asked. "Where are my manners?" He chuckled. "I'm Malik's grandfather, Imam Ahmad." He said holding his hand out. I stared at the man wide-eyed. "Malik's grandfather," I said shaking his hand dazed. "You just missed Malik," I said. "I actually came to see you, little one." He said bringing my hand up to meet his lips locking eyes with me as he did so. "Me? What for?" I said snatching my hand away. Malik, Ares, and Pablo were more than enough to deal with, without the added headache of dealing with Malik's grandfather. "I just wanted to see the woman who fate chose to be my grandson's mate." He smiled.

"And I see they didn't disappoint." He said eyeing me. I protectively covered my stomach as his eyes washed over me. "And you're pregnant." He said as his smile grew. His eyes went from my stomach to my eyes. He stared at me. "You really do look like your grandmother." He said. "Okay thank you. I'll let Malik know you stopped by." I said. "No need I'll be seeing him shortly." He said with a smirk. He turned to leave but stopped. "I know what you're thinking but you don't want to do that," Imam said. "Excuse me?" I questioned. "You're thinking of running." He said. I kept a straight face as I looked at him. "Why would I do that?" I asked. "I'm having a baby with my mate. I'm getting married. I'm building a life here. Why would I want to leave that?" I asked. "Because you just found out that Pablo may very well be alive." He said.

I looked at him seeing a subtle smirk on his face. "How—" "I've been alive for thousands of years and with that have comes many powers. One of which includes seeing people's secrets." He said. I stood speechless. "Don't run. Running will only cause more harm than not." Imam said. "Why do you care? Isn't chaos and pain something you thrive on?" I asked. He reached out caressing my chin. "It is." He said. "But let's just say I'm telling you this as a favor to your grandmother." He said gently pulling on one of my curls. "Why do you keep bringing up my grandma?" I snapped pushing his hand away. He chuckled. "You'll have to ask her that, little one," Imam said.

"But I'll tell you what—" He said. "If you decide to run give me a call." He said waving his hand. "I'll see you soon." He said sending a wink my way before leaving. I quickly closed the door letting out-breath. I looked down at Louis seeing him stare up at me. "What the fuck?" I said as I rubbed my belly.

Ares

I stood in the back watching as people surrounded Sergio who sat in a hospital bed. "Everyone leave," I said growing tired of the men's loud voices. One by one the men trickled out of the room. Once everyone was out, I closed the door before turning to Sergio. His eyes stayed on me as I walked across the room to the window. I looked down at the surrounding area before turning back to Sergio. Before I could speak, he did. "I haven't said anything." He said quickly. "I know," I said. "Then what do you want?" he asked. I smirked. "I'm a royal. I have to be here." I said as I phone vibrated. I looked to see it was my security camera at my home. I clicked on the video feed to see Ahsha walking out the front door heading to her car. I rewound the video seeing a man who purposely avoided my camera. He stood in the doorway for a while before waving his hand. He turned and walked away. He took several steps before disappearing completely. I clenched my jaw.