Seventy-one

Omniscient

"You come from a very powerful family," Adrian said. "Is that a question?" Malik countered. "No, just stating a fact," Adrian said. "You come from a powerful family and are very powerful yourselves," Adrian added.

"Yes," Malik said. "If I may interrupt," Abeba called out. "Yes?" Dalia said. "Someone is missing." She said. She waved her hand and in the blink of an eye Pablo stood in front of everyone. He turned and looked at Ahsha seeing her brown eyes turn a deep rich red color. "Hi." He said taking a step closer to her.

"Hi." She answered in return unknowingly leaning forward attempting to be closer to him as well. "Who is this?" Jacob asked. "I am Pablo, Ahsha's mate. However, many may know me by my former name, Dominic." Pablo said as an extra chair was brought out for him.

"Pablo? Why do I know that name?" Adrian asked. "Because a few months ago I was living life as Pablo Pereira," Pablo said. "Pereira, as in the Pereira family?" Andy questioned. "You're mated to a Pereira, also?" Harrison asked. "No," Ahsha said.

"What the hell?" Adrian questioned as he and his brother glanced at Dalia, Taj, Ahsha, and Isaac. "With how calm the four of you look I'm assuming this is old news," Andy said. "Very," Isaac said. "I don't even know where to start," Jacob said. "Let's start from the beginning," Ahsha said.

"The beginning, hmm. We don't have that kind of time." Ares said. "Just the need-to-know parts. All of this is old news to us but not to them. You have to tell them who you were and who you are now. How did we get to this point?" She said. The three men nodded their heads.

Abeba looked at the four of them watching how they interacted. "Malik, Pablo, and I all originally shared one body," Ares said. Quiet mumbles filled the space at his confession. "That—that's not possible. Is it?" Harrison asked. All eyes went to Isaac and Ahsha.

"You've heard 4 days' worth of impossible situations and scenarios and yet you're still questioning whether something is possible or not," Isaac said. "Be nice," Ahsha whispered to him. "He may be a royal, but he is still human. They don't get to partake in the extraordinary as we do." She added.

"But, yes Harrison, it is. I can admit I was shocked when I found out also." Ahsha said looking back at Ares once she finished. "Continue." She added. "Before I got this new body I was known as Wahasha," Ares said.

The chatter exploded. "Wahasha? The monster." "How can that be true?" "He's that animal?" "There's no way a handsome man like that could be someone so disgusting." People could be heard saying. Malik and Pablo turned and looked at Ares as they listened to all the hatred they held for Ares. Ares listened to everyone taking in all their words as his eyes began to bleed black.

He felt anger consume him as all the awful things of his past were being thrown around the room.

Abeba leaned into Maria. "Let's see what he does," Abeba said.

"Ares." He heard Ahsha's voice call out to him. "Ares, look at me." She requested. The room began to fall silent as they watched the two. "Look at me," Ahsha ordered. He raised his head meeting her eyes seeing black ones staring back at him.

"Don't worry about them. Focus on me. Tell me what happened." She said. Ares nodded his head. Abeba glanced at Marie surprised. "Any more interruptions like that and there will be a problem," Ahsha said. "Continue." She told Ares as her eyes went back to their natural brown.

"Earlier this week Emilia, my mother mentioned that while she was pregnant with Malik she lost a baby or so she thought. I was that baby." Ares said. "How?" Adrian asked. "Like you said we come from a very powerful family. Our grandfather is one of the most powerful beings to have existed. Our grandmother, however, is not." Malik said.