Twenty-six

Ahsha

"That bastard!" I screamed banging on the door. "Miss. Saleem is everything okay?" I heard Khalil's voice. "Open the door." I snapped. "I'm sorry we can't do that." He said. "Khalil please," I begged. "Mr. Ahmad warned us that if we opened the door for anything other than to bring you food there would be dire consequences." He explained. I grabbed the bridge of my nose in frustration.

"Mr. Ahmad said he will be back around 4 p.m. and if you behave, he may let you out." Khalil continued. "May let me out?" I mumbled. I kicked the door in frustration. "Fuck." I cried grabbing my big toe. I went and grabbed my phone dialing Malik's office. "Yes, habitata?" Ares asked. "Don't fucking habitata me. I am not your prisoner." I screamed. "You aren't you're my love. Be happy I only locked you in our room. I wanted to lock you in our apartment." Ares said. "I swear–" "I'd be careful about what I say before your punishment is extended," Ares said. "Punishment?" I questioned. "I am a grown-ass woman you fucking psycho." "Ah-ah-ah watch your mouth. You're already in enough trouble, kitten." He hummed amused at this situation. "Fuck you. Fuck Malik." I barked feeling tears sting my eyes.

I hated being the type of person who cries when their angry but here I am. I heard him clear his throat. "Keep that same energy when I see you tonight." He said his voice dropping several octaves. "Do you think locking me in this room like I'm some kind of prisoner is going to make me want to be with you. Do you think being this psychotic is going to somehow make me forget all about Pablo because I can promise you it isn't." I snapped. I heard him grunt but he didn't speak. I looked at my phone realizing he hung up. I walked over to the window debating on just climbing out when my phone chimed.

Leeks & Aboogie Try it and see what happens

I turned and looked around the room. They're watching me. I turned back to the window feeling nerves and fear wash over me. I stared out the window realizing I just how in over my head I was. I sank to the ground feeling like the room was closing in on me. My breathing grew shallow and I felt like I was suffocating. I had never experienced Malik or Ares acting this crazy towards me before. "Oh my God." I wheezed. "I'm having a heart attack." I gasped clutching my chest.

Malik

I walked through my front door and headed into the living room to see Aaron and Khalil sitting on the couch with my dogs at their feet. The two men stood once they saw me. "Report," I said as I walked into the kitchen. "She was no problem sir," Aaron said. "Did she eat?" I asked. "No," Khalil said shaking his head. "Why not?" I questioned, "We took her breakfast and lunch and she didn't touch either." Aaron said. I nodded my head. "Very well then," I said before letting them leave. I headed upstairs to go check on Ahsha. 'Brace yourself before you go in.' Ares said.

I chose to ignore his comment as I reached our bedroom door. I unlocked it and opened it slowly to see Ahsha sitting in the chair we keep in the corner. Her lunch sitting on the dresser untouched. She looked my way before turning her eyes back to the tv. I walked towards her taking the remote from her before turning the tv off. "We need to talk," I said. She continued to stare forward not looking at me. I gently grabbed her jaw making her look at me. I could see the rage and fury swimming in her eyes. "I knew you two could be mean. I had heard stories. You two showed me your past but I never thought you would do something like this to me." She said in an eerily calm tone. "You locked me in a room to punish me... like I'm a child." She said before I saw her eyes zero in on me. She pushed my hand away standing up. "No not even a child more like a dog. You locked me in a room like I was a dog." She said.

"I—" "Don't." She snapped holding her hand up. "I expected Ares to be a dick, controlling, and maybe even a little mean but you." She said pointing at me. "You were supposed to be my saving grace, but no." She said shaking her head. "You've been absent from this fucking relationship for a couple of months now. You've let Ares take over and push his tyrannical view onto you. At this point I don't even know why you're here." She said as heat and anger wafted off of her. I could feel my own rage bubbling under the surface as she went off.