Eight

Ahsha

"Ahsha?" I could hear my dad say. "So, you both knew what they were?" I asked. "It's not that simple." My mom said. I glanced over at Isa and Veronica. "I'm one of them." My dad said. "Your mother is my mate." He continued. "So Nunu is half human..." I paused before I looked at my moms' stomach. I looked away in disgust. "Yes." He confirmed. "How could neither of you tell us?" Isa asked. "We always planned too but there never seemed to be a right time. But now with Ahsha being the next queen..." "No, I'm not. I don't want any part of this. You didn't think we deserved to know when you decided to move us across the world to apparently the demon headquarters of the world hmm?" I questioned. I didn't know if it was because I angry or because of the dress but I was burning up.

I stood walking to the door. I marched over to the elevator hearing two sets of footsteps behind me. "Ahsha maybe you should...." I looked at Veronica and she immediately fell quiet. I turned back to the elevator doors and stared at the numbers as they went up. We finally reach our floor and I stepped off and looked down the hall and froze. Malik stood there looking at me. My chest starts racing as he started coming towards me. He got inches away from me and I couldn't help but close my eyes bracing myself for impact. "Ahsha?" I flinched before I slowly opened my eyes to see my brother and Veronica. "What's wrong? Are you okay?" He asked worriedly. I clutched my chest trying to calm down as I looked down the hall. I walked over to our door but stopped and looked at the two of them. "She's not staying here," I said. "Ahsh." He said. "No, Isaac it's okay. She's had a lot thrown at her tonight." I walked into the room and headed straight to my room.

I immediately stripped out of my dress and felt a wave of relief come over me, but I was still burning up. I walked into the bathroom and took a freezing cold shower. After finishing my shower, I walked out in my robe over to my suitcase and sitting right on top was one of Malik's shirts. I looked at for a while before I grabbed it throwing it on inhaling Malik's scent. I climbed in bed and stared at the ceiling trying to clear my mind of Malik's haunting green eyes.

Malik

"What happened?" My dad asked. "She didn't want to be with me and I wasn't going to force her no matter how much Ares may want to," I said. Ares had gone silent since Ahsha basically rejected us. "She didn't reject you because if she had you would be in a lot more pain." My dad said. "I'm not worried about that. Ares is going to take over my body soon then he's going to go to her." I said. "And I don't know if I'll be able to hold him back," I said. I won't. She doesn't want us. Ares said with such sorrow I was taken aback. "If you feel yourself losing control we know what to do," Cairo said. I nodded my head.

~

Several days had gone by and I was trying to find any way to keep cool. I was sitting in a tub of ice water trying to find some relief. It's not our body that's overheating. Ares said. We both knew if we were feeling this intense heat Ahsha was burning up. I stood without thinking as I dried off and threw on a change of clothes. I looked at my key debating if I should drive or blink, but I figured popping up on her would be a bad thing. I grabbed my keys and headed downstairs as I rounded the corner I saw everyone talking. "Malik where are you going?" My mom asked. "You need to go sit in the ice water." She said. "Ahsha needs me," I said looking at my dad and brothers. Almost instantly the look of realization washed over their faces. "What?" My mom asked. "Ahsha is going through a type of heat that won't go away until they mate." My dad explained.

"The heat that Malik is feeling doesn't even compare to what Ahsha is feeling for the past week." My dad said. I turned and headed for the door. I could hear several pair of footsteps and light talking. I hopped in my car just Alex joined me. I looked over at him and he nodded his head. We both knew if I was able to feel this much heat coursing through my body Ahsha was on the verge of overheating. "She's going to be okay." He said. I couldn't even speak.

I sped to the hotel and rushed through the lobby with everyone behind me. I stared at the numbers as they rose steadily. The doors opened, and I rushed out over to her door banging on it. In a matter of minutes, the door opened to Victoria standing there. "Where is she?" I asked. "Her room." She said hesitantly. I rushed to her room to see Ahsha's family crowding around her door. "What's happening?" I asked causing them to look at me. "Ahsha won't open the door," Nuri said with tears in her eyes. "Let me try," I said. I walked to the door holding my hand against it. I could feel her heart beat and her shallow breathing. I grabbed the handle making sure to grip it tight before I broke it off. I pushed the door open and walked inside closing the door behind me.

Ahsha glanced over at me as she laid in bed covered in sweat. I walked over to her looking down at her before I touched her forehead. She sighed with relief. "W-what is h-happening to me?" She asked exhaustion clear in her voice. I didn't say anything before I scooped her up carrying her into the bathroom. I sat in the tub with Ahsha still in my arms as I turned on the freezing cold water. I let the bathtub fill up before turning off the water. I could already feel her body cool down. "You did answer my question." She said with her head resting against my chest. "Your body is going through heat and it will continue until you are willing accept me or rather us," I said.

Ahsha

"Your body is going through heat and it will continue until you are willing accept me or rather us." Malik said. "I can't." I whispered even though for the first time in a week I felt amazing sitting in his arms. "I understand." Malik said. "We're going to have to find a way to manage this heat." He said as I looked up at him.

We stared at each other before our lips connected. He lifted me up, so I was straddling him until something made me snap out of it. I pulled away from before I stood. "We shouldn't," I said as he stood up. I grabbed a towel before I dried off and changed into some fresh clothes.

I was sitting in the living room across from a now dry and freshly changed Malik as everyone sat around watching us. "So how do we control this heat thing?" I asked. "The only way to fix it is for you two to have sex." Mr. Ahmad said. I looked over at Malik to see him looking at me. "We... that's not an option." Malik said as his eyes darkened. "I see. Well, you two need to be near each other at all times or your bodies with begin to overheat again." Mr. Ahmad said. "The heat you two experienced this past week is nothing. The longer you two go without mating the more intense your desire for each other will get. As time goes being near each other will be so unbearable that the need to mate will consume both of you." Mr. Ahmad said looking from me to his son who was still looking at me. Malik and I stared at each other and I watched as his eyes flickered between green and black. "However, given the situation..." "What situation?" I asked. "He doesn't think I will be able to control myself." I looked at Malik to see his eyes were a different shade of green.

"And what is that supposed to mean?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. He smiled. I could feel myself heating up again as a shiver ran down my spine. "Because Malik is a royal he comes from one of the first families. His demon is stronger and far more vicious than most. Not to mention the blood moon is at it's highest point this we...ek." Mr. Ahmad said watching as his son stood. I looked up at him curiously. "Ahsha stand up slowly." My dad said. I did, and I watched as all the boys began to surround him. "What's happening?" I asked. A deep hum left Malik's lips making me look at him. I've waited a lifetime for you." Ares's familiar deep dark voice echoed. "And now that you're here I can't have you." He growled lowly. "How are you talking right now?" I asked. "What do you mean?" He asked curiously. "Your eyes are still green and you're still in Malik's body," I said gesturing. "Ahsha we should go," Tyla said grabbing my arm leading me to the door with Isa, Veronica, and Nuri trailing us. The closer we got the farther it seemed. "I don't..." I mumbled as we got out the door into the hallway. "I...the ..." I stumbled over my words as I stopped causing everyone to look at me. Everything began to blur. "Ahsha are you okay." I heard a distorted voice say. "MALIK!!" I heard someone call. I turned to see a dark figure rushing towards me before Malik's pair of green eyes appeared and everything went black.

Follow. Like. Comment. Share.