Sixty-eight

Omniscient

Ahsha and Isaac sat in the car silence filling the space between them. "Veronica told me that you don't want anything to do with the baby?" Isaac finally spoke. Ahsha sighed rolling her eyes, feeling him look at her, but she continued to stare out the window. "That's not what I said." She countered.

"Then what did you say?" he asked her. "She said she wanted to work on our relationship." She said with an eye roll. "I told her that I don't want anything to do with her, and if that means I can't be in your child's life because of that then, that's just how it has to be," Ahsha told him truthfully. "Ahsha—," "I know. I know. I would never cut your kid off because of her. Malik and Ares made me realize how crazy I sounded. I just said it to be mean." She said finally looking at her brother.

"What are you going to do about Camryn?" She asked him. Isaac looked away from her. "She won't even talk to me," he said. "I don't blame her." She said. Isaac looked at her annoyed. "I'm not trying to come at you. Camryn sought out Veronica for help not knowing she was a wicked little—,"

"I know you don't like her, I understand why, and I respect your reasons but don't talk about her like that." He said. Ahsha rolled her eyes. "Fair enough." Was all she said. "She sought out your other mate and was yelled at and threatened. I wouldn't want anything to do with Veronica after that either, and by extension that includes you." She said.

Isaac turned away from her looking out the window. "I'm not trying to be mean or hurt you but at some point, you're going to have to address that Veronica is a vile person with a horrible personality. If not she's going to alienate everyone in your life until it's just you and her living a long, lonely life with her and the family you two create." She said.

He looked at her. "I didn't throw you away when your psychotic ass mates were on the loose." He countered before Nasir smacked Isaac's arm with his toy. "Shit." He said holding his arm before looking down at Nasir whose eyes were glowing. Isaac looked up at his sister.

Ahsha at her son chuckling drawing a smile out of him. "He's not too fond of people talking about his parents." She said smiling at him as he smiled up at her. "See he's just as mean as his dads." Isaac huffed before sticking his tongue out at Nasir. "Alright keep it up, I don't want to hear anything if he flings you out of this car," Ahsha said laughing.

Their laughter died down when Isaac spoke. "Do you think I should stay with Veronica?" he asked her. She sighed. "Isa I can't make that call for you. You either want to be with her or you don't. You also have to think about if you're okay never knowing Camryn based on what you decide to do with Veronica." Ahsha said.

"Also you don't know Camryn. Just because she's your mate doesn't mean she won't annoy or piss you off. Before you decide anything you two should talk and get a feel for each other. I wouldn't talk to her this week though, maybe give her a little time to decompress before reaching out. But you don't know her, so deciding what to do off of a 5–10-minute conversation would not be wise." She added. He nodded his head agreeing before the car fell quiet again.

"We're going to see mom again," Isaac said. Ahsha looked down at Nasir as he gripped her index finger tightly. "And Ali." She said. "That dickhead." Isaac spat. "If you're not going to be able to question him without blowing up—,"

"How are you so calm?" He asked cutting her off. She looked up at him. "Just because I appear calm doesn't mean I'm not burning with anger. And as pissed as I am dad deserves to have his truth told. And I'm not going to mess that up by exploding. I just keep telling myself today is for dad." She explained.

Isaac nodded his head. "That's good. I should use that because I just want to—" He trailed off as his eyes began to glow. Ahsha made a mental note to have extra guards on standby.