CHAPTER 48

"Sometimes you break your heart in the right way,
if you know what I mean."

- Gregory David Roberts
___________________________________________

Third person's pov

"Nice to see you again, Maria." The other lady greeted mockingly.

"What. Do. You. Want. Karla?" Maria enunciated coldly glaring at the other lady...aka Karla.

"Oh me? What could I want?" Karla laughed evilly.

She flipped a red card with golden writings on the outside and threw it on the small table besides her.
"An invitation..to my new year party. I'm sure you would love it."

"I'm not coming." Maria chipped out.

"Ohh no.. you'll come when your beloved Xander will come..."
Karla was cut off by Maria.

"Xander will also not come."

"But he will. Because it's not just a New year party but also a get together for all the prominent businessmen around. The new deal he did with  that Mr. Lee, yes, Mr. Lee will also be there and Xander will have to come." Karla smirked.

Maria narrowed her eyes.
"How you you know th...."

"Don't worry, it's not any spy this time. His deal was printed in the newspaper, Maria. I'm not that stupid anymore to spy in his office or his company to "ruin" him." Her expression changed from smirking to a disgusting sneer at the last words.

"I have other options." Her fake smile came back.
"Which reminds me....he got a new ...ummm.. wait, not new, actually the first non related female in his life, right? So bad, she will be his last too."

"Don't you dare." Maria warned.

"What's her name? Yeah, Scarlett Williams, right?"

"You spied." This wasn't a question. Maria knew she spied.

Karla gave her a mocking smile.
"Yes, for this, I spied."

Turning around, Karla let her eyes gaze around.

"Don't do anything to her." Maria again warned her.

"Aww...you were protecting her from me. So cute ...but tsk...tsk...I already know about her." Karla fake pouted.

"You know....I wonder if that poor little girl will also end just like Xander's mother.." Karla started.

"Stop there Karla. That girl has done nothing to you. Leave her out of this."

"Um... you're wrong. She did something to me. She married Xander. Now that's something against me."

Maria didn't say anything. She just wanted Karla to be out of her house soon so she can go to Xander and tell her to keep Scar safe.

"It will be so interesting to see the history repeat itself, doesn't it? Her life....her married life will end just like that bitch Zara's."

Just as these words were out of Karla's mouth, a booming sound was heard in the silence of the room.
Maria slapped her.
"Xander will do no such thing. History won't repeat itself."

"It will. History will repeat itself and I'll make sure of it now that you slapped me." Karla was fuming in anger.

Maria was scared a bit on hearing her words.
She knew Karla's dangerous. She can do anything.

But what no one knew was that Karla can even kill. She did kill. She can kill.

"I have full faith in my Xander. He won't do anything like that. " Maria still defended.