CHAPTER 11

I didn't choose you.
My heart did.

It was 5 in the morning and I was awake.
I didn't sleep all night.

Yesterday, doctor informed us all that Devin needs to undergo an operation for his legs. It costs a huge amount of money, almost $50,000.

Now, initially my worry was about the money. From where will I get this money, how, all possibilities of getting this huge amount were running in my head.
But I don't need to worry about that anymore.
All thanks to Maria.

On one side, I was really grateful for her to have done that but in the other I didn't want her to. She did this all saying"we're a family now, let me handle. You have nothing to worry about." with a kind smile on her face.

By this she gave me a lot more to worry about. I couldn't just say to her now that, " Hey, Maria. It's all good that you helped me in orphanage situation and now paid for Devin's operation too but the thing is I can't marry your son and I know you think of me as family but I can't be your family so yeah, that's just it. Also, i will pay you back for the operation in .... in 10 years.. maybe? So don't feel bad , okay."

Did I mention, she also bought the orphanage land from Mark.
Isn't she just great? ( Note the sarcasm)
Ohh god!!!!
Why? Why ? Why!!!!

I don't know what am I gonna do!

All different thoughts were going through my mind when one particular caught my interest.

Why didn't I think of it before?
Definitely, yes.
Now I know what I have to do.
Thank you god!
For giving me such a good idea!
Also, I'm a genius too, I patted myself on the shoulder. Good work Scar.

It was evening now. And Devin's operation went well.
He's being kept at the hospital for a few days, almost a week and then he'll be discharged. I went to see him in the noon. He was asleep.

I was sitting at the window side seat of the corner booth in the café nearby waiting for that stupid handsome silencer.

Hmm...
What should I start with?
How should my face expression be? Should it be arrogant like tho...
Wait, how does an expression is arrogant? Is it eyes narrowed and having a deadpan, unengaged look? Or crossing arms and looking around instead of him?
Anyway, I guy I'll just give my irresistible careless look. That'd be good.

Now, you must be wondering,
What the heck is happening? What is she talking about? Arrogant? Arms crossed?

I know. I know.
I was preparing for the execution of my plan. I called Xander to meet me today.
I'll show him how unfit to marry him I am by being annoying, whiny and bratty.
I'm sure he'll immediately say no to this marriage. Wow! Scar, you little not so innocent creature!

The door of the café opened and in came he.
All the noise silenced in the café.
Girls were looking at him with dreamy eyes and guys looked at him in envy.
I have to admit, he did look a bit..... satisfying but it wasn't a big deal.
Really? No big deal? Then why were you also looking at him continuously without even a blink?

Ohkay.
Maybe, he was looking more than satisfying. But that's it.
I need to make him mad at me. So he'll back out from the marriage.

Sooo, here comes my plan.

He was looking around to find...me?
Oh, he just did.

He came straight toward me and sat down at the opposite side.
How rude! Didn't even ask before sitting.

I also ignored him.
A whole one minute passed.
I pretended to be busy on my phone.
I could feel his eyes on me.
But seeing as I was the one who asked him meet, so I should say something.