CHAPTER 62

"Dying
Is an art, like everything else.
I do it exceptionally well.
I do it so it feels like hell."

- Sylvia Plath
___________________________________________

Third person's pov

Dark shades were painting the blue sky by each passing minute covering the cities and towns with it's soft starry blanket. The wind blew silently outside.
The leaves of the trees swayed slightly with the cold wind.

Doctor Mike had left a few moments ago leaving Xander a mess of conflicted emotions.

The Mansion was awfully quite at this time. No sound of anything or anyone could be heard except the old ticking of the grandfather clock. The dark furniture fitting the insides of it made it all more terrifying with the darkness surrounding the woods around the huge mansion.
No light was lit up, moonlight enveloped the walls and rooms in its soft embrace.

Still sitting on the black couch, his gaze wandered upstairs to the left of the corridor leading to his Triantáfyllo's room.

He has specially gotten that room ready for her knowing she won't be comfortable with him but he did hope that eventually, one day they both will share a same room as a husband and wife.

As if his feet had a mind of its own, they quickly walked towards her room.
The wooden door was already open.

Peeking in, his eyes fell on the unmade bed, crumpled silk sheets and the white pillows. His eyes swayed across the room before he moved inside. The room was painted white with beautiful soft pink roses decorating the walls. On the wall behind the headboard was an enormous rose almost covering the whole wall. It was textured with different lines and curves. The light pink of the rose blended so well with the white of the wall.

His eyes swept over the corner of the room where a white vanity table was placed beside the window. The edges of the mirror were covered with gold paint and fairy lights hung from them. He doesn't remember getting those small lights there, thinking his Triantáfyllo must have added them, a small smile formed on his face.

Even though it was dark outside, the room was lit up by the moonlight shining through the large window beside the vanity table. The serene moonlight covered most of the room.

Her room was just like her, full of light and life. On the other hand, his room was full of darkness with dark furniture, dark curtain covers and dark walls, just like him.

His mind couldn't help but wonder how different they both are. If he was land then she was sky, he was anger, she was calm, he was dark and she was light. They both were polar opposites.
Their habits didn't match, their way of living was different. They've never had a deep, nice conversation without it turning into an argument.

He realized the way they think is completely different. Well, he already knew that but he just had never dwelled on that thought before as much as he did now. She's guarded. He knows that. She had guarded herself around but that doesn't mean she doesn't let people in, she does but not to the extent that one could see what she was guarded and hidden front the world so heavily. He's guarded too. But he doesn't let anyone in, no one to even put a scratch on the well built huge wall he has inside his heart and soul.

He could see it in her eyes. She was confused being here. Her mind was in a mess but one thing she was sure about was that she would never fall in love with him.

The conviction that shined in her deep ombre brown eyes at the time when she said that, made his heart clench in agony.
That was the moment when he realized that his wife already had a pre- conceived notion of this marriage and she wasn't even trying to make this marriage and their relationship work from the beginning.