CHAPTER 64

As it has been said,
Love and cough cannot be concealed.
Even a small cough,
Even a small love."

___________________________________________

Third Person's pov

"You made me do it."
His voice was laved with disgust, as if he was repulsed by his own self.

Karla's eyes widened at her son's words.
She made him do it?

No, she wouldn't ever do that to him. Never. He was her son and she always wanted to protect and love him.

"No, baby. You didn't do anything. Why are you saying so?"
She tried to approach him slowly.

"You are wrong. I did it. I was a part of it. If only I knew......If only I knew I wouldn't have ever let you done that." He grabbed the ends of his hair, his voice boiled in agony of his own actions, he could feel something heavy in his chest, weighing him down.

"What you didn't know?" Karla sat down beside her son and put her hand on his shoulder to comfort him.

She has never seen him like this.
Never in her life, has she seen her son so much broken and sad, not even when she refused him to marry Nicole.

"That..." He hiccuped a little before continuing, his breaths coming forcefully, "that she...that Scarlett was Xander's wife."

"But I provided you with the photos and everything. All the details by my investigator were in that envelope I gave you." Her eyebrows knitted together in confusion, her eyes clueless to what happened.

Obviously, she didn't want to blame him but she also couldn't understand how come he hadn't checked anything.
He was never this careless, always on point with everything.

Elray sniffed, tears still streaming endlessly down his pale face, his dark brown hair messy, "yes, you did but I never opened it."

"Why?"

"I was looking for her. I was looking for the girl I called my sister without knowing...." Suddenly, he looked up at his mom and grimaced in anger.
"And you knew it, didn't you? You knew all those nights I spent in my office, I was looking for Scarlett."

"What sister? What are you taking about Elray?"
As this conversation progressed, Karla was getting more confused by each passing minute.

He scoffed looking down at the tiled floor. He remember telling her all about the mysterious girl he met on the even of Christmas. But as usual, she must have not listened him.
"Of course, how could you know! Your world revolves around Xander. To hurt Xander, to destroy Xander, everything was always about Xander, wasn't it?"

He choked a little at the end of his words.
Of course, his mother's mind was always in what Xander did, how he lived and what could she do to him.

She never bothered to see how her son was doing, never did anything fun with her own son, never asked him how school was or what his favourite dish was, his favourite colour, what sport he liked to play, if he had any girlfriend or what he actually wanted to be in future. As a child, his mom never asked him any such thing and his father was as good as an absent father.

Throughout his life, he depended on his own self. In a way, he wasn't much different from Xander. They both were lonely and broken.

"No, baby, why would you say that? You are my world. You will always be my everything." Karla went to hug him but he leaned back.

Not wanting to talk about this anymore, to dig up his painful past filled, he quickly wiped his tears away with the back of his hand.
"I don't want to talk about this right now. What I want to know is that why you made me a part of your horrible plan? I am such a horrible person, right?"