CHAPTER 88

SCARLETT'S  POV
_______________________________

"Who is it?" I looked up from the pile of notes laying on my bed.

I was sitting with my legs crossed, not really caring I had my cute black booty shorts on, exposing my "not so long" legs.
But the person who came inside raised a brow of his as his gaze fell on my exposed legs before his eyes met mine.

My breath hitched. I was looking at him with my eyes wide open.
My hands holding onto those notes subconsciously stiffened.

"Ah...Xander?"
It came out more like a question instead of a greeting.

I gulped.
Taking a deep breath, I calmed myself.
"What are you doing here?"

He didn't answer my question and instead walked towards me with his gaze still fixed on me.

Watching him come closer towards the bed, I held my breath.
The soft bed sheet under me dipped as he sat his one knee on the bed before leaning closer towards me.

He was approaching me from the right side of the bed whereas I was sitting towards the left side.

His left hand stretched out and gripped the headboard. His other hand slowly went towards my face and I could feel his fingers caressing my cheek.

With a barely smile on his face, he opened his mouth.
"Can't I come inside my wife's room?"

And the moment, his husky voice fell beside my ears, I could feel goosebumps rising on my arms and on the back of my neck.

What is he doing?!
I internally exclaimed.
Is he trying to seduce me with his beauty?

And just as the word "beauty" came to my mind, I was suddenly reminded of my own "beauty".

With his hand still on my face, I barely looked down towards my legs.

AND THERE! I SAW IT!!!
It is there!

You might be thinking, "what is there?" with a confused expression on your face, right?

Well, the thing that's there is the problem of all the girls. Ah..mostly all the girls.

Okay.
So get ready for it.
The thing....that is there....is...

*DRUMROLL*

Hair.
(Gasps)

Yes, it is true.
It is hair. I have hair. I have leg hair.
My mind kept repeating it.

Ahhhh!!!! Why am I so unlucky?

It was the first time I wore shirts after so long at home and the first time after I got married but just like my usual habit, I forgot about waxing my hair.

And now, here they are. A big, shining evidence of my embarrassment.

And I know you might think that hair doesn't really matter and that body hair is normal, I should not be embarrassed and blal blah blah,
but the thing is, I'm currently sitting in front of my husband, a person who I am attracted to and to whom I want to present my best self but it's alright.

I just have to do one thing and that is - quickly dash towards the edge of the bed to take the sheet and cover my legs with it before looking up at Xander with a harmless,
"Ah....of course, you can come inside my room."

Sticking my hair behind my ear, I asked,
"But I was just wondering, was there something you needed?"

In response, he just chuckled lightly at my words and sat down beside me.
"What are you hiding?" His tone filled with amusement and his eyes hiding a knowing look as his gaze shifted towards my bow blanket covered legs.