CHAPTER 61

"You drew memories in my mind,
I could never erase.
You painted colours in my heart,
I could never replace."

- perry poetry
___________________________________________

Third person's pov

The plush leather seat was pressed under the heavy weight of doctor's rear. Xander took the place next to him, his strong hands on steering wheel.

The soft breeze outside was the only sound that could be heard from the half open window on the doctor's side.

The silence that prevailed in the car was proof how much tensed the atmosphere was. It's like you know a big block of stone is going to fall over you but you can't do anything about it, you can't move to get away nor can you stop it.
You can just wait but the wait seems endless as you can see the block of stone coming but don't really know when it will fall on you.

Mike had no idea how to tell the person sitting right next to him of his wife's condition. His heart clenched at the thought. His eyes swayed to the young billionaire every two minutes.

His broad shoulders tensed, teeth grinding ever so tightly again each other as he tried to contain himself from raging out. His hands were clenched around the steering wheel, his muscles strained and eyes looking straight ahead at the seemingly never ending road to his place.

Xander lived in a sort of private area, a spacious one with its own green lands and a beautiful lake at the back.
The woods surrounding his mansion always provided solace.
He liked his privacy, knowing no one would disturb him unnecessarily. The quietness that he would get at his house was something he preciously adored.
He would be most concentrated in silence, his soul finding peace in solitude.

But right now all he wanted to do was turn back around the road, and steer straight towards the hospital and go sit beside his wife, holding her hands in his and assuring her that he's there with her.

And he's going to be there with her forever.

Mike was equally tensed. He rubbed the skin on the side of his left eye with his thumb and index finger before sighing loudly and turning his body at a tilted angle to face Xander.

He observed him carefully.
Xander's face was blank like a midnight sky with no stars or moon.
It showed nothing, no emotions, no feelings, just zilch.

He again rubbed his face with both his hands and placed his head against the tinted black window of the car.

Within a few minutes, they both reached their destination. Xander quickly got down and shut his car door without any care.
Mike walked out cautiously behind Xander.

He has known the young billionaire since so long but still was wary of him, of his anger and rage.

He knew what he was capable of doing and what he can very much possibly do to him.

Silence was heavy on both of them. It felt such a burden which both didn't know how to take off.
Xander was lost in his own thoughts.

Mike looked at Xander to see him with his hands locked behind his back and his gaze fixed on the big dark brown doors in front of them.

He lightly placed his hand on his left shoulder and spoke, "Xander?"
His voice, laced with concern brought Xander out of his reverie.

His swirling thoughts came to a halt and he looked at Mike in question to which the latter nodded towards their front to the door.

Almost as if now realising they were at his home, Xander quickly placed his finger on the scanner pad and the screen quickly showed the message,

Access granted