CHAPTER 144

"Lucas leave me." Her cold voice sounded as she tried to get her arms out of his hold behind her back.

"No, you need to stay here." He growled out, his dark eyes looking at her with a possessive stare.
"You will stay here obediently, okay?"

"No!"
She twisted her wrists, trying to squirm out of his grip but instead, he tightened his grip on her, brought to make her let out a hiss in pain.
But her eyes still glared at him in extreme anger, not willing to back down.
"Stay here obediently? My foot! Let go of me!"

"I can't! You can only be mine!" An almost sinister light flashed in his eyes, as if he was finally about to get what he wanted for so long.
And what he wanted was her - Scarlett.

In her rage and being helpless not able to use her hands, she discreetly tried to lift up her leg slightly, even if there was just a single gap, she still tried to kick him at his precious family jewels between his legs but before she could lift it, he gad already put his leg between her parted knees.
"Stop with these childish tricks. You can't hide from me." He mocked her, bring his head closer to her and took a deep inhale, slowly closing his eyes.
"Hmmmm.....you smell so good. Still the same as three years ago."

Scarlett glared at his bent head, wishing to just smack him unconscious. She was worried about Xander. He was not even at the press conference and now the way Lucas is stopping her from going out, she doesn't have a good feeling about this.
What if something happened to him? He has come to meet me but I didn't even want to see him. And now if he is....No! I shouldn't think like this. He will be fine. He has to be fine.

Suddenly, her squirming fingers touched a cold but smooth surface. She backed up a little and leaned her fingers forward, tracing the outline of that cold structure....it was like a vase. Her eyes narrowed with determination as she confirmed it must be flower vase.

As she felt his breath coming closer to her skin, disgust crawled in her eyes. But not a second late, her hand with the vase came down in a swift manner and smashed against his head.

It was so sudden that even he didn't notice and was caught off guard.
He clutched his head and stepped back in pain as a groan left his mouth.

She saw her chance and took it. However, she had only take a step forward when her hand was again grabbed roughly and she was pulled back, her body slamming against his chest.

He sneered and his hand came up to pull down her hair from behind. "Nice move Scarlett."
He wiped the slow trail of blood that flowed down his temples and smirked. "But it won't work on me."

His face came closer to hers as he leaned down, their noses almost touching.
"The things I have went through don't even come far near to this." His hand reached out to grab her cheeks and squeezed them hard. "I didn't come back here just to see you be with some other guy, especially not that Xander."

"You...!" Scarlett was shocked, hearing his last part.

"What? You thought I came back for some business?"

Scarlett didn't answer him as her cheeks were still clutched tightly in his hands, plus, she didn't want to answer him. But what he said was actually true. She had always thought that Lucas only came back to carry on and expand his family's business here.

"That's bullshit! I came back for you and I'm not letting you go." His nose nuzzled against hers as he whispered while she recoiled back in disgust but couldn't avoid his touch.
"Leave me!" She tried to shout but only her distorted voice came out as he hadn't let go of her face yet.

"You are not leaving. You better get that inside your head." He spoke but just then his phone rang with a brief alert, probably a message.

He pushed her face to the side before walking towards the couch and bent down to take his phone.